Unfriendly Friendly Competition

They got to school, meeting everyone outside like normal. "Morning guys!" The normal chorus of 'Hey Tony' and 'morning' coming from the now rather large group. He sat down with Stephen next to Natasha and Clint, humming. "So why did we make the group chat?"

"Clint suggested we had a 'avengers group chat'" Steve shrugged.

"And he's yet to talk in it." Natasha teased, poking Clint in the ribs.

"Hey! My mom took my phone." He frowned.

"Ooooo" everyone hummed in unison.

"Oh leave me alone." He grunted, crossing his arms. Tony chuckled and shook his head, turning to Rhodey.

"Sorry I didn't tell you I wasn't gonna be home last night."

"It's ok man, I heard you had another attack." Rhodey said in a hushed voice. Tony nodded.

"It was pretty bad." He admitted, a frown on his face. Rhodey smiled sympathetically and pat him on the shoulder from across the table. "Oh guys!" Tony said, getting everyone's attention. "I'm officially smarter than Stephen." He gloated with a shit-eating grin.

"You are not!" Stephen punched his arm.

"I am too! I'm the one who figured out how to get the project to work!"

"hey geniuses, stop yelling." Natasha rolled her eyes, her legs stretched out across Clint's lap.

"Fine." Tony grunted. 'I'm smarter' he told himself, rolling his eyes when Stephen stuck his tongue out. "We should probably head to class." He said when the tardy bell rang.

"Oh crap!" Pietro scooped up Wanda and zoomed off.

"Cheaters!" Clint grunted, getting up.

"Here I got it". Stephen starting making a yellow magic circle thing, which opened to reveal the inside of a classroom. He stepped in, Tony following everyone hesitantly.

"Mr strange, no magic in school grounds!" The teacher scolded.

"Sorry sir, we didn't want to be too late." Stephen sat down, as did the others, Pietro snickering.

"Be quiet sonic." Tony grunted, messing up the boys silver hair.

"Hey!" He complained, pulling away from Tony.

"Leave Pietro alone." Clint narrowed his eyes as Tony chuckled and sat down.

"Calm down Katniss, I didn't hurt him." Tony shrugged lightly, turning to listen to the teacher speak. Class went by like normal, Tony and Stephen answering every question, seeming to try and get more right than the other. It was all friendly competition until,

"Actually, Stephen, you're wrong, again." Tony corrected Stephen.

"No, I'm not Tony, you don't need to correct me every five seconds."

"Stephen, we know I'm smarter, I'm simply trying to help." Tony replied.

"Boys, I'm tired of you two fighting! You were both wrong so until you can sort out your differences, please step into the hall." The teacher said, death glaring them as they walked silently out of the class, Clint snickering quietly.

After they walked for a bit, Tony turned to Stephen. "This is all your fault."

"My fault? If you didn't have to try and point out every one of my flaws, then this never would have happened." Stephen said calmly.

"If you didn't have to try and be smarter than me, I wouldn't have to try and find your every mistake!" Tony declared.

"I think you mean something different."

"No I don't."

"Are you sure you don't mean, if I wasn't so damn perfect and handsome then you wouldn't have to try and find a flaw?" Stephen smirked at him.

"No I don't mean that. You're a lot of things, perfect and handsome is not one of them."

"I bet you think I'm handsome, don't you Tony?"

"Would you just shut up?!" Tony snapped

"Make me." Stephen sneered. Tony licked his lips, his eyes narrowing as he pushed Stephen against a wall, trapping him with his arms. He leaned forward, his breath on Stephens neck as he whispered in his ear,

"You have no idea what I'll do to make you." He whispered seductively, biting his lip. He pulled back, smirking as Stephen blushed and shrunk under him. He heard the boys heart beat speed up as they made eye contact, tension coating the air like a thick blanket.

"I- I, I didn't mean it like that Tony." Stephen stuttered. Tony blushed, embarrassment tearing down his confidence. 'You fucked up now stark' He thought, pushing away from Stephen. They were still oddly close when Stephen took a step away from the wall. Tony had to force himself not to stare at the other boys lips, fearing he may just close the distance.

"I'm sorry- I-" Tony stammered.

"No it's fine-" Stephen started, both of them blushing heavily. "Tony do you-" the rest of his sentence was cut by Steve walking around the corner, not seeing the two boys practically speaking into each others mouths before they jumped away from eachother.

"Hey guys. The bell rang and we couldn't find you." Steve said, smiling at them. The others came around the corner, Nat smirking silently.

"Let's go to lunch." Clint said, walking off. Tony relaxed slightly, knowing that Stephen couldn't say anything while they were around everyone. He noticed how Stephen still seemed flustered and dazed as they sat down to eat, while he had completely shoved it in the 'I'll deal with this later' closet and moved for for the rest of the day. Occasionally he would catch Stephen staring at him and would stare back, not long enough for the others to notice the what seemed to be longing glances.

"So I was thinking." Steve set down his fork silently.

"That's never good." Tony mumbled, Bruce chuckling.

"Anyways." Steve flicked some water at Tony. "We should all hangout after school sometime."

"Yeah we should." Nat hummed. "But when?" They all started naming days, most of them being rejected.

"I guess we'll just figure this out tomorrow." Tony said as the bell rang, standing up. They walked to their next class. He was shuffled closer to Stephen as they walked though the crowd, feeling Stephens tense stance. 'He's still hung up about that' he thought silently, a small smile on his face. 'Yeah it won't be so funny when you actually have to deal with it Tony, you can't just chuck it in the fuck it bucket and move on forever.' The rational voice in his mind said. He knew it was right, but he wasn't going to worry until after school.