Strange Arguments.

-Stephens POV-

They had been sitting outside of the school for 30 minutes. Sure Tony  was late occasionally, but never this late.

"Did he text any of you?" He asked, turning to the table.

"No, not a word" Natasha responded. She had a bandage on her forearm and Stephen had noticed a small limp when she walked up. She told us what happened yesterday, that was the last time anyone heard from Tony.

"We should go check the tower." This was out of character for him, normally Tony send him a text in the morning and at night, but he hadn't gotten either.

"Cool I don't want to be here." Clint got up, seeming to not even realize that something could be wrong. The group walked down to the tower, making their way inside and up to Tony's room. Stephen knocked before walking inside.

Nothing.

"He's- not here." He looked around the room, noticing two pairs of dirty footprints on the carpet. "It looks like-" the realization hit him like a brick, he found it hard to breathe. "I think Tony was kidnapped." He spoke.

••••••

"It's clear that we should try and track his suit." Natasha spoke after a long time of them just sitting in the living room watching Stephen pace back and forth.

"We don't know how to work his tech" Steve explained.

"We should try anyways! We can't just leave him!" He snapped.

"I never said we should." Steve turned to him.

"Then what do you suggest we do, Captain" he growled. Steve stood and walked over to face Stephen. They were about the same height, although he was lighter and less intimidating. Steve was quite scary, but in the current moment Tony was in danger and he didn't care who he had to argue with.

"I say we try and thing logically here"

"I bet I could hack into his tech." Natasha was already getting up.

"Natasha." Steve scolded, but she ignored him. Stephen pushes past the supersoldier and followed Natasha and Carol. Stephen heard Steve mutter something about Bucky and realized why he was getting away with all of this. He knew Bucky would literally kill him for pushing Steve, but Bucky wasn't here and Steve was being annoying as fuck.

He watched as Natasha typed away at the computer. After what felt like forever, she grinned and the monitor started beeping.

"I'm in." She took a picture of the location and put it in her phone. "Let's go."

"We can't walk, it will take too long" he said

"Can we use a portal?" They turned to him.

"Sure." He thought of the place they were going, before starting to open a portal. The building was in the outskirts of the city, so he made them appear in a alleyway.

"We need a plan of attack" Steve stated when the portal closed.

"I have a plan, attack." Stephen started to leave, but Steve grabbed his arm.

"We can't just run in."

"Do you not care about Tony? We have to save him! Every moment he's in there he could be getting hurt worse!" He snarled at the boy.

"Of course I care about Tony! It's just dangerous for all of us if we just run in blindly!"

"Stephen, I know you are worried but we have to come up with a plan." Natasha put a hand on his shoulder soothingly, although he found nothing soothing about this. He shrugged it off and turned to face the rest of the group.

So, they came up with a plan

~Tony's POV~

He came to, or it felt like it. He couldn't see anything, the room was dark, or did he not have his eyes open?

He forced himself to open his eyes, light flooded them painfully. Everything was set ablaze. A small, pain filled whimper slipped from him. His throat was raw, he couldn't remember why.

Screaming.

That's why. He remembered screaming. Was it him screaming? It must have been.

He tried to take a deep breath, something pushed against his chest. He looked down to see ropes covering him from his chest down.

How long had he been here? How much did he fight?

He moved slightly and pain went shooting up his leg. He stared at it, forcing his eyes to focus. It was mangled, out at a odd angle. He tried to clear the fuzz in his mind, trying to reach his memories. It felt like he was walking through quicksand, every step he took it drained his energy dramatically. He let out another whimper, that's when he realized he wasn't alone in the room.

Or was he?

He squinted, glaring at the shape in the corner.

Was that a person?

No, no it was just a chair with a jacket in it. He sighed with relief, but regretted that action when his lungs pushed against his rib cage and he cried out in pain.

Everything hurt.

Slowly his memories came back.

Fighting, he remembered fighting.

He remembered his hand getting close to his arc reactor and then it getting grabbed.

He remembered getting hit in the ribs with a metal bat, repeatedly.

He remembered the men talking- something about money and his dad. That was too fuzzy to remember.

As he slowly became more aware, he realized that he was cold, that something warm was dripping. That was blood, wasn't it.

He's felt blood dripping down his skin once before. When his dad had gotten mad and hurled a glass at his head.

But that was all. He couldn't even wipe at it. His senses started to dull again. He wouldn't let them.

Stephen.

Where was he? Is he ok? Is he looking for him? did he get kidnapped too? He jerked up in the chair, screaming in agony as everything in his body told him to give up.

Something crashed.

Footsteps.

Yelling.

Sounds of battle.

Something broke near him and he flinched on instinct, staying with his eyes closed until he felt the compression on his body slowly release, and a soft voice whisper.

"I have you Tony, you're ok."

No, no it's not real, it's just another trick. He's dead. This is just a Dream.

He reached out and clung onto the figure.

It felt real.

Soft skin, covered in small scars.

He pressed himself closer to the person.

"Tony-" he knew that voice. His hand found the others hands, they felt familiar.

Stephen?

"Yes, I have you"

Did he say that out loud?

"Stay with me Tony."