Some Secrets...

~Natasha's POV~

Everything was back to normal. It felt natural, to be sitting on the top of a booth next to Clint and be joking with 14 other kids.  Natasha has never been one for crowds or large groups, but this group she didn't mind.

It was something about their chemistry. Something in their DNA that she couldn't resist.

Ever since Tony asked to sit by her that one fateful October day, she knew they were going to be friends. She had known Clint since she escaped from her spy training, he's the one who took the fearful five year old Natasha into his house to save her. They had grown up like siblings. When Bruce came into the picture, he was just a introverted scientist without any family. They had met in middle school. A year later Steve came into the picture, the poor guy was depressed from loosing his friend Bucky.

As the group got bigger, so did Natasha's space in her heart. She didn't really trust people often, but she was slowly opening up.

Another thing she wasn't used to was love and affection. When Carol confessed to liking her, she was shocked, nervous, and a little afraid.

She always thought she pushed people away, but now she sits here with Carols arm around her waist, Clint sitting by her, surrounded by friends.

"Nat, are you ok?" Steve looked up at her, she jumped out of her thoughts with a small nod.

"Just thinking."

"Ok." They went back to their conversation, which was about what they were going to do for New Years. 'Wait- that's today!' She perked up slightly. Natasha quite enjoyed the sleepovers the team had, She never had anyone to dance with or to play tag with, Clint and her sometimes did, but it's more fun with more people.

"Are we doing anything for New Years?" She interrupted Steve in the middle of his sentence, all heads turning to her.

"Uh- I have to go see family." Rhodey said slowly. Most of the others said things around the same, until just the original seven were left.

"So, guess it's just the seven of us huh?" Tony smiled at them.

"Yeah. Just like old times." Natasha smiled back. The group finished eating and filed out, walking back down the street, they slowly lost members of the group until it was simply the seven of them. "So we should go get snacks for tonight."

"And coffee." Clint suggested.

"Clint, I'm always stocked with coffee, I know you." She said affectionately, patting his arm. Clint smiled at her, before facing forward again as he tripped over air. She reached out, catching him by the collar before he hit the ground.

"Thanks 'Tasha."

"Yeah yeah whatever." She rolled her eyes playfully, shouldering him and sending him stumbling into Thor, who fell into Steve. Natasha watched with a grin as the three boys fell into a pile on the sidewalk. Tony snapped a picture while Loki smirked at the entanglement of limbs writhing on the pavement. Eventually, after much cursing and arguing, the boys got back to their feet and they continued their walk to the store. Steve was grumbling about their 'colorful language' and Thor was complaining about them 'attacking a god.' Natasha chuckled to herself as she piled another box of Cheezits in Steve's arms.

"Why do we need 5 boxes of Cheezits?"

"We'll eat them all by 2 am." Natasha waves him off with a grin, trotting down the row to find Tony and Clint arguing over Caprisun flavors. She silently grabbed a box, her favorite flavor and handed it to them. "There, problem solved."

"Thanks Nat." The group wrapped up their shopping, paying and heading to Natasha's house. The seven got comfortable, opening the first boxes of Cheezits and the Caprisuns.

"So, it's 9 pm right now, what do we do until the ball drops?" Thor asked

"We can always play a game like normal."

"Which game?"

"We should play a different one." Natasha suggested, shrugging lightly.

"Uh- let's think." Tony pulled out his phone "FRIDAY, pull up games to play with friends."

"Would you rather?" Clint suggested.

"Alright, everyone sit down." They sat on the floor in a circle, watching the time tick.

"Tony, would you rather slap Stephen or kiss Clint?"

"Huh- Probably slap Stephen." Tony said after a moment. "Clint, would you rather shoot a arrow at Natasha or let her shoot at you." Natasha watched as Clint grimaced. She remembered the time he missed his shot and grazed her arm.

"Have her shoot at me, she has a better shot." He shrugged. He looked over at Natasha. "Tasha, would you rather jump off a cliff or let me fall off a cliff?"

"definitely jump off, I wouldn't let any of you kill yourselves." She replied lightly. All things considered, she had never said that about someone before, most people she would let die, but not these guys. "Thor would you rather never eat a pop tart again or never see Loki again?"

"Natasha, I'm sure you already know the answer to that. I do not know what I would do without my Brother." Natasha caught the small smile that flashed over Loki's bored face. "Brother, would you rather never be able to shift again or shift into a snake and have to stay that way forever."

"I suppose I would never shift again."

The game continued, each question getting increasingly wild and insane. As the clock ticked 11:55, Natasha turned on the news.

"Guys, we should yell out a confession when the ball drops." She suggested, leaning on the doorframe quietly.

"Sounds good." Tony crosses his arms, standing behind the couch as he watched the news. After a bit more small conversations and being stupid, the countdown started. Natasha messes with her hands quietly, slightly nervous. 'How will they respond?'

"Do we go one by one?" Bruce asked quietly.

"Yeah I suppose, or we can say them all at once."

"Let's just say them all at once." Bruce mumbled. They all turned to the tv as the five second countdown started.

5

4

3

2

1

"I use to kill people-" Natasha squeaked out, anxiety flooding her. Clint gave her a look of sympathy.

"I have really bad anger issues." Bruce announced, growing quiet.

"I actually really love Thor I just don't want to admit it!" Loki yelled, wincing in alight regret.

"I'm dating Bruce!" Thor called, before grinning at Loki.

"Natasha is the only reason I'm at this school. I'm not that smart." Clint said.

"I may seem really confident but I'm actually really insecure." Tony admitted.

"I used to like Tony and I might still like him-" Steve rushed out, they all turned to him.