Chapter Eight

"Beach trip!!!!!!!" One of the designers screamed on the bus and the rest of us cheered. The energy on the bus was electric and contagious. There was a huge ice chest in the back with drinks mostly alcoholic and water. It was on wheels so people just pushed it down the aisle to whoever needed it or just passed the bottles.

I was sitting next to Paba who insisted I sit by the window, she was flirting with a guy from the IT office also sitting in an aisle seat but across from her. I had seen them eat lunch together a couple of times. Made me wonder what the fraternization policy had to say about that. I made a mental note to read over the fraternization policy and then realized I would have to ask Paba about where to get my hands on that particular document.

I thought I would fall asleep like every other time I was on a long road trip but these guys knew how to make two hours feel like thirty minutes. Amidst the karaoke, drinking games and the exaggerated high fashion show, I was kept up cheering or laughing or both.

We eventually got to the resort and I felt the ocean breeze against my face as I stepped out of the bus. Checking in was some sort of organized chaos. I was glad I was with Paba because the whole process was confusing.

Paba announced that dinner was at six and everyone retired to their rooms. I noticed that Paba and I were pulling our travel bags following Dom and the designers one way, when the rest of the people had gone a separate way.

"Where are we going?" I asked in a whisper.

"You'll see" was all she said with a twinkle in her eye. We got to a row of huts lined across the beach. Very modern huts as they had ceiling to floor length glass doors and windows gave us an amazing view of the ocean. Dom got into the first one and Paba led us to the one next to it.

Once inside, Paba plopped unto the bed and said, "This year we do not get the standard double rooms like the rest. We get the ocean view huts. Thanks to Mr. Chase flying out tonight. We get his room! Perks of the executive assistant!"

I jumped unto the bed next to her, face up and stared at the intricate design of the ceiling that looked a circular structure of bamboo masts.

"Keeps you closer to Dom" she said.

"Shhh" I tried to hush her but she waved me off.

"He can't hear us. Besides even if he did, he would be grinning from ear to ear. Now show me what you packed"

"Okay, don't laugh but I packed with you know who in mind"

She was stifling her laughter and I sent her a mock warning glare to reign it in.

I pulled out my showstopper, Alexa had helped me pick out this bikini. It was orange-red and it criss-crossed so much at the back in an intricate pattern that barely covered my back. The front covered my boobs nicely however so nothing scandalous was going on till I turned around. The same criss-cross pattern on the back, held together the pieces of the bikini bottom at my hips.

Paba gaped at the bikini.

"Too much?"

She shook her head slowly before finally finding her words, "Do you plan on getting pregnant?"

"No!" I playfully swatted her arm.

"Whatever this is, it is the total opposite of a contraceptive" she pointed, up and down, at the bikini still in my hand.

"I'm even afraid to ask what you're wearing for dinner tonight"

I held up my blue and Aqua green strapless dress and Paba laughed, "Poor Dom. He doesn't even know it yet but he's going to need all the self control in the world this weekend"