Chapter Nine

"I didn't know you were going to drop your fork and that loudly too, I must add" he smirked as we stole away to his hut, drapes drawn to keep out the sun but mostly for privacy.

" what did you think would happen?" I quizzed, sitting in the cane chair that was stirring up memories of last night's cuddling.

"I underestimated the effect I have on you" he teased

I rolled my eyes. He came over to sit by me, "Well next time send a warning my way before you do something like that"

"Like what? Morse code?" He snickered and I fought the urge to laugh. He was right. Then he began to tickle me, he had me cornered in the chair. I tried to wiggle out of his reach and he finally released me. I could feel tears brim my eyelids, laughing so hard.

He was close enough I could feel his breath on my face and it tickled my skin. He however kissed my forehead lightly and whispered in my ear, "soon"

I hated being so hot and bothered around him when he had so much restraint. My hormones were throwing a fit at this point.

I understood he wanted me to trust his feelings for him but what difference did a kiss make? He wouldn't even have to kiss me deeply, just his lips briefly touching mine would be enough. I knew that was a lie but I wanted to believe one little kiss was okay.

I broke free of his embrace and climbed into his bed. He sat back and watched me intently before joining me on the bed. He took the remote and began to flip through channels before settling on Entertainment news.

He had his arm around me and even with my leg laying between his, he still would not look down at me. I could see him see me from the corner of his eye looking up at him but Dom did not even lower his head slightly.

I placed a feather-light peck on his neck and he shifted. Yes something stirred in him alright.

"Christopher did mention how flirty you are" he spoke up. I almost flew out of his arms hearing this.

"Christopher said what?" I was at arm's length now, blushing at being called flirty.

"Christopher used to tell me about Sumaya's sister and the sister's best friend who always hit on him. Even boldly flirted with him in Almara's presence. He knew you did that part to annoy Almara but he knew you two had high school crushes on him"

"Oh my goodness. This is so embarrassing " I covered my face with my hands.

"This is not as embarrassing as what I'm going to say next" he laughed as I peered through my fingers to look at him. What could be possibly worse than this.

"Promise you won't freak out"

"Just tell me. The suspense is killing me"

"What if I told you that you actually did admit your crush on Christopher to me?"

"Impossible"

"You sure? Think really hard. Remember your first sleepover at my place?"

"Yes?"

"Remember how you came out to thank Chris when he came home? What happened after that?"

He had an amused look on his face.

"I spoke to him for a bit then went back to sleep"

"Really think about it, Kerry. You spoke to him for a bit?"

I took my mind back to that night. I remembered Chris walking in and I said thank you, then I sat at the kitchen island as he grabbed something from the fridge. He sat back down and then I thought my mind played a trick on me, I suddenly saw Dom's face sitting by me. I broke out of my thoughts and saw him grinning.