Chapter Seventeen

Tim did finally bring my Christmas present on Boxing Day. I was at my dad's place when Tim stood at my doorstep with a package in hand.

He apologized profusely and I thanked him all the same before retreating to my room to open it up. I could feel the prying eyes of my dad and Sumaya as I walked past them.

It was a rather large flat box and my heart raced as I pulled the bow loose and lifted the lid. I removed the soft paper covering it and I could not help but smile as I lifted the beautiful gown from the box.

It was a long sleeved, backless caramel colored dress with a thigh high slit. The silk fabric seemed to float across my palm as I held it. I checked the label and gaped at what I saw. In small silver cursive script against the black label it read, "I love you Kerry, Dom Chase"

I then noticed a sketch of my very dress with his signature at the bottom right corner of it. He had designed me a dress!

I called him on Skype immediately. When the video showed on my screen, he was indoors this time.

"Hey beautiful"

"Dom, I love it! I can't believe you did this for me. More importantly, I love you too"

"Ah! You finally got my gift!" His eyes lit up. "I've been waiting since you called to hear you say that"

"Tim apologized . It is still the best Christmas present ever!"

"The dress or the fact that I'm in love with you?"

"Gee, I love the dress but I definitely love you more"

"I love you more too. I have some news for you"

"What's that?"

"New year's Eve. Me and you"

"You're coming back early?" I almost leapt for joy.

"My dad is letting me go. I've got something planned for us so clear your schedule"

"My schedule is clear. I'd cancel anything that even attempts to mess this up"

He chuckled and his eyes sparkled.

"Dom, one more thing. I need a favor to ask of you" I suddenly remembered Ada's wedding.

"I'm listening"

"My childhood friend invited me to her wedding and I was hoping you could come with me. It's the first week in January and I could check your schedule-"

"I'll be happy to go with you, Kerry. Tell Paba to save the date on my calendar"

"You're simply the best"

"I don't mind you going to show me off to all your friends. I am a big deal after all" he mocked being obnoxious.

"Yeah yeah yeah. You're a great catch" I rolled my eyes.

"Your lips are just teasing me" he suddenly said, "I'll send you my flight details so you pick me up"

I didn't even get a chance to react to that flirty comment before he hurriedly said goodbye. Well that was strange.

I looked at my customized dress with its 'grand gesture' label and forgot all about what just happened.

"Dom where are you taking me?" I asked looking at the road ahead and not being able to make out where we were going. It was New Year's Eve and I had packed an overnight bag to go someplace with Dom. I had been asleep for an hour or so. I woke up to still find us on a road going to someplace.

"It's a surprise, Kerry" he simply said for the tenth time.

"This feels like the night you had me pick you up at the cemetery. I almost thought you moonlight as a serial killer" I informed him.