Chapter 9

Chapter 9:

???: Natalie, Charlie?!

Our eyes widen when we recognize that voice. We turned around to see my brother Nick. What was he doing here? Shouldn't he be in LA, How did he find me here?

Charlie: N-Nick, what are you doing here?

I said asking my own question.

Nick: what am I doing here?! The question is what are you two girls doing here at a 16 and over club!
Charlie: I asked you first!

Nick glared at me and I took a step back, now it was time for me to keep my mouth shut. Selena walks over to us and said.

Selena: oh their you are, I see you two met my boyfriend
Charlie/Natalie: boyfriend?!

We both said at the same time. Now it was my chance to glare back at him and he looked offended, and a bit taken back.

Selena: yeah boyfriend, is their something wrong with that?
Charlie: uh... yeah there is, he's my brother!
Selena: oh wow... So you're the Charlie!
Nick: Selena, cut the act, I know you had something to do with this, I showed you a pictured of Charlie
Selena: okay... I'm sorry Nick. When I saw her I knew she was your sister. I'm sorry I didn't tell you who I really was Charlie, but Nick and I wanted to keep this a secret-ops. Sorry honey... I said too much
Charlie: *glares at Nick* you were gonna hide this from me?!
Nick: Charlie...
Charlie: no! I'm tired of hearing your "excuses" Nick. You know what, you're such hypocrite, how is it fair that you can lie and sneak around, but I can't! Why couldn't you have told me the truth?!
Nick: because Charlie you like to criticize every girl I hang out with!
Charlie: so? You do the same with me!
Nick: that's different, I'm older than you and your guardian
Charlie: again hypocrite! You know you're starting to act more like the old Nick, than my parent Nick. I'm starting to miss the parent Nick more than the old Nick  because the old Nick was a jerk and could care less about her sister, but the parent Nick can detect what he was doing was wrong as well!
Nick: woah, woah. What do you mean I never cared about you?
Charlie: *sighs* When mom and dad were around you were barely home, all you did was hang out with Taylor and Sam. (Nick met Taylor and Sam in elementary school) Then when you went to high school, you made friends with our new neighbors Joe and Kevin, and you still would rather hang out with them then your annoying little sister, who would just follow you around.
Nick: Charlie, who was there for you when you had your first tooth come out...
Charlie: *sighs* you did...
Nick: who taught you how to ride a bike?
Charlie: *mumbles* you did...
Nick: who gave me you your name?
Charlie: you didn't do that...
Nick: yes I did. According to Grandpa, he told me this when we were in the hospital after we found out you had diabetes. I was the one that name you Charlotte May Jonas. So don't act like I never been there for you, or done all those things for you. The reason I'm so hard on you all the time  because I only want what's best for you. You're my only baby sister, you're the only blood I have left. Without you I'm nothing... You're the reason why I wanted to do music in the first place
Charlie: really? I always thought it was your dream...
Nick: it is, but music was something we have always done together when we were kids. We would always put on shows for both mom and dad. One day, I had to babysit you, and we would play talent show. I discovered I had a real talent, that's when mom started putting me on broadway shows and tv commercials. One day I was discovered at a barbershop and that's when a lady wanted to become my manager. So it's basically because of you is why I'm able to achieve me dreams and become who I am today.
Charlie: so you don't think of me as you'd annoying little sister?
Nick: of course not Charlie, I love you. You're the best thing that ever happened to me baby girl
Charlie: I love you Nicky! *hugs him*
Nick: I love you too baby *kiss top of forehead*
Charlie: *pulls away from Nick and walks over to Selena* I understand what you were trying to do, and I wanna thank you
Selena: oh you're welcome sweetie. I just didn't want you to find out from anybody else especially from the media. I wanted you to hear it from us.
Charlie: thanks tho, if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be able to tell Nick how I really feel
Selena: well I'm glad everything works out
Charlie: *whisper* if you do it again, I'm gonna make sure you will be sleeping under water...
Selena: *gulps* yes ma'am
Nick: Charlotte, what did you just say to her?
Charlie: uh... I was just telling her how much of a amazing girlfriend she is to you
Nick: aww thank you sweetheart, I'm glad you approved
Charlie: *fakes smile* uh huh, I approved! As long as I can date too... *bats eyes at him*
Nick: *frowns* not a chance, and yeah you two are totally busted, for what you did tonight
Natalie: aww... man but—I dont wanna have to deal with Taylor tonight, he'll be so angry with me for disobeying him
Nick: well... that's what you get for lying and sneaking around girls. Come on, I'll bring you back. I'll be back Sel I have to go deal with someone at Joe and Kevin's house

She nods and Nick kiss her annd I glared at them and Nick saw and pulled us away from her before I could do anything that I would regret.

When we got back Nick had already dropped off Natalie across the street and told Taylor everything that happened. I could tell on the look on Taylor's face that he was pissed off, but also happy to see Nick again.

We walk back across to Kevin and Joe's house and I used the key that Joe gave me and enter the room. I found both Joe and Kevin looking worried. When they see me they embrace me in a hug before letting go. Kevin sort of said in a calm voice but angry.

Kevin: Charlie, where on earth have you been young lady?!
Charlie: *lies* um... I told you guys I was going out with Natalie to the movies...
Joe: well I went their to come pick you girls up because we agreed on 9. But the two of you werent there! I search the whole movie theather looking for you guys!
Nick: wait a minute you lied to them!
Charlie: *bites bottom lip* I didn't t lie, I just said what I had to say...
Nick: so, you clearly lie to them?
Joe: does your brother know something that we dont know about? And what are you doing here Nick?
Nick: Selena invites me to NY to see her perform tonight. I was gonna come here afterwards and surprised Selena about meeting you guys, but she already beaten me too it... Charlie would you like to finished it off?
Charlie: uh... I wouldn't know Nicky... I wasn't there

I said avoiding Joe and Kevin eyes who clearly looked pissed. Nick nudged me to speak up and tell the truth and I sigh and said.

Charlie: well uhh... we did go to the movies but after the movies, we went to a 16 year old club, and I could assure you their wasnt any drinking involve...
Joe: but you lied to us! You didn't tell us where you were going tonight!
Charlie: *bites bottom lip* I'm sorry... are you guys mad at me?
Kevin:  *sighs* no Im not mad just upset with you. Go up now to the guest room, we will discuss your punishment later. Right now we have to talk to your brother alone...

I nodded and headed to the guest room so the two of them could talk to my brother, but I didn't bother ears dropping because I know it was about me... I'm just glad they didn't ask me how I got in or else I would been dead as a door nail.