3

edited

" do you have everything? "

the sudden question from your friend snapped you out of your thoughts. puzzled, you turned to yeona who was looking at you with her arms crossed.

" y/n, you have to concentrate here. "

" sorry, " you murmured with an apologetic look on your face.

" it's okay. you're meeting your soulmate today, right? " she asked, peeking at your wrist.

you looked down.
6 hours, 5 minutes, 14 seconds.
seeing the clock count down second by second made your stomach turn slightly.

" yes i am, " you responded with a sigh.

" i wonder who it'll be, " yeona said. " i hope it's someone attractive. not that it matters though. "

" yeah, i guess, " you replied, biting your lip. " anyways, yeah i've got everything, "

" great! next stop, the mall! " she announced, making you giggle in response.

the two of you took the bus to one of the biggest malls in los angeles. as you stepped out of the bus, you were quite shocked. it was huge, and a lot of people were around as well.
it was a 1 hour drive since there was a lot of traffic.

" when are we taking the bus home? " you asked, walking beside yeona who was swallowed by all the stores surrounding you.

" uh in 3 hours. " she replied while looking at clothes. " isn't this cute? "

you turned around and saw her holding up a red skirt. it seemed to be a midi skirt. with a slit on the left side of it, it definitely wasn't your style.

" i guess, " you said and shrugged.

taehyung pov

" he's meeting his soulmate in 4 hours, oh
god! " jin was currently freaking out. " what do we do? "

i chuckled slightly. " just go with the flow, i assume. it's not like i can do anything about it. "

he didn't seem that convinced but didn't really push the subject anymore. everyone had been kind of jumpy today which was understandable.
of course i was nervous, i was meeting the person i was supposed to spend the rest of my life with.

your pov

" oh god it's only three hours left, " you mumbled to yourself, beginning to freak out.

" did you say something? " yeona asked.

you shook your head. " no, i'm fine. "

what if they don't like me?
what if i'm not good enough for them?

all types of thoughts flooded through your mind while you and yeona were eating lunch. she definitely noticed that you were distracted but didn't seem to want to push the subject.

" we have to go now, " yeona said.

you nodded in her direction. " coming. "

on the ride home, you started feeling really nervous. it was now only 1.5 hours left and you were basically sweating buckets. you could feel your heartrate beginning to pick up.

" y/n i can see that you're nervous, " yeona stated suddenly. " but there's nothing to worry about. "

you sighed and nodded. " i know, but why am i so nervous then? "

she shrugged. " i was like that too, i mean you're meeting your soulmate so it's okay to be nervous. it's normal even. "

you nodded and looked out of the window, not realizing that you fell asleep.

a/n; taehyung and y/n will meet in the next chapter, be ready for some drama. 🤡

a/n 2: i don't like editing this. it's so cringey to read lol