Starting Over

**Sang**

I wait for the door to click fully closed and take the seat that Dr. Roberts points to. 
“Well Sang?” he questions. 

“I left the Blackbourne team and I don't know what to do. I'm sorry to come here and bother you. I don't know what I was thinking. I'll just go now.” I start to rise when Dr. Roberts glares at me and motions back to the chair. 

“Sit Sang. Start at the beginning and tell me why you left. I know those boys love you and you love them.” 

“I do love them, but you are wrong about them loving me. Nobody said a word when I left.” A traitorous tear leaks from my eye. Come on Sang hard heart remember! 

“That's not the beginning. You need to tell me exactly why you left. The academy and I will help you. You just have to give me something to go on.” His grandfatherly aura has me wanting to spill my guts, but I know I have to keep the wall up I've started to build. 

“I left because they didn't need me anymore. The relationship they wanted wouldn't work and I had to walk away before I destroyed their team.” My lip starts to quiver and I quickly roll my lips into my mouth. 

“I see. Sang let me ask you a few quick questions about what you want and then we can meet again tomorrow. How does that sound?” He gives me a small smile and passes me a little, wrapped strawberry candy. I give him a nod and wait for his first question as I pop the candy in my mouth. 

“Where are you staying tonight?” 

I shrug my shoulders and wait for the next question. 

“I see, do you want to move forward with joining the academy?” He steepled his fingers together under his chin. 

“I think so. I know Kota didn't want me to join, but I think it would be a good thing for me. Especially now that I am alone.” I whisper the last part.

“I assume you have been informed of your ghost status and understand the value you hold to the academy?” 
“I know that I don't have any real paperwork, but Victor made me these and gave them to me on my way out.” I pulled the file from my bag and slide it across the desk to Dr. Roberts. “I guess they wanted to make sure I didn't need to call them for any reason.” I visualize that wall so hard at this point. I can't cry now. 

“So you left them, but they gave you this. They had it ready for you?” He questions. 

“Yes sir, they had my bag packed and this file ready. They were obviously waiting for me to go.” I hang my head, breaking eye contact.  I shouldn't have told him about the bag. 

“I see, well young Miss Sang I have an idea. Do you want to hear it.” 

I glance back up at him to let him know I am listening. 

“Tonight I will see if the Toma team can give you a safe place to sleep. Tomorrow we will meet with another academy member and decide what you need to know immediately to begin your training and start some small aptitude tests to see if we can find your strong points and what you naturally accel at. The Toma team has a bird also and I think you will get along with her.” 

I nod, not saying anything about being uncomfortable around women. I don't want to seem any weaker than I already appear to be. 

“Fantastic. Wait here for just a moment while I go talk to Marc and Raven for a minute and set everything up.” Dr. Roberts slides his chair out from behind his desk and pats me on the back on his way to the door. I take this moment alone to gather my courage and prepare myself to start over.