New Things

**Sang**

I talk with Doc for a long time. I told him about seeing Kota and Nathan at the café. I told him I didn't know if it would be a good idea for me to try to help the Blackbourne team because of my feelings I still had.

We decided that I could try it out for a few days. If I felt like my being there was more of a hindrance than a help I could leave the mission with nobody blaming me. 

It was decided between Doc, Axel and myself that I would live in the Sergeant Jasper. There was a fully furnished apartment there that had belonged to Kevin from Axel’s team. He and his new wife had moved into a house across town, leaving the apartment free. We also decided that Axel would be my manager for the time being. He would be the one choosing what side jobs would work best for me. 

Doc and Sara sat with me the next day. They opened a bank account for me and had enough money transferred to it that I didn't have to worry about bills or necessities for awhile. 
After I was done with all the paperwork Brooklyn and Scott helped me pack my things. 

Scott and I cried when we finally said goodbye.  We promised to always stay in touch, no matter what team he or I decided to go with. 

Brooklyn was in charge of helping me settle into my new apartment. 

I had three days to get used to the idea of not only living by myself but also going back to regular school and seeing the guys. 

Brooklyn drove us to the Sergeant Jasper after she took me to the grocery store for some basics. 
As we pulled into the parking lot the whole Toma team minus Kayli came down to help me carry my bags and suitcase inside. Axel produced the key to my apartment from his pocket. The keyring had a tiny plastic fish on it along with keys to both of their apartments across the hall. I tried to give them the keys to their apartments back, but Axel insisted I keep them for emergencies.  

Once we stepped into the apartment Corey gave me a tour and showed me where everything was. He even opened the cabinets and drawers to show off the things inside. Kevin and Mindy must have left everything. I really didn't need to go get much. There were towels, wash clothes, and bedding in the hall closet. Dishes, bowls, and utensils in the kitchen along with all the small appliances like a toaster, mixer, coffee maker and such. A pots and pans set that I knew was very expensive hung from the rack over the kitchen island. 

“What are you going to do tomorrow?” Brooklyn asks as she helps me put away the groceries. 

“I need to go get a new phone and I will have to find out the bus schedule and stops,” I tell her as I pause to open a bag of m&m’s. 

“I can take you to get a phone and we have a car lined up for you to use until you can get what you want,” Axel says. 

“I don't know about the car. I did all the driving courses, but I still don't know my way around very well.” 

“That's the great thing about technology. Your phone will guide you wherever you want to go.” Axel shuts down my argument. 

“Fine. I guess it really will be better to have my own car.” 

“Little bird, I have to warm of house present for you.” Raven hands me a gift bag. 

“It's house warming and you really didn't have to get me anything.” 

“Same. Open gift.” 

I open the gift bag and remove the tissue paper covering a small box. I know what's inside box but open it anyways. Inside the box is a case. Inside the case is a nine millimeter Smith and Wesson handgun. “Here this goes with that.” Corey hands over another bag that he pulls out from under the sink.