Your Not The Boss Of Me Now

The next morning North and I arrive at school. We meet up with everyone else at the picnic table in the courtyard. 

Luke and North had a moment where they just looked at each other. I knew that they had some kind of silent conversation, but I couldn't decipher it. 

We were all waiting for the bell to ring to signal going to homeroom when Gabe looked behind me and said “Warning crazy fucking approaching you at your six.” 

I turned as Jade was stalking towards me. She stopped a foot away from me. “Sang, can umm, can I talk to you for a minute?” 

The guys all seemed to not like this idea, but I thought what the hell? Why not live dangerously today? 

“Sure Jade, how about over there?” I pointed to a tree across the courtyard. 

“Yeah, that would be good.” She seemed hesitant and nervous. Very out of character for herself.

We walked over to the tree and Jade stood there silently. 

“Okay, you wanted to talk?” I prompted her. 

“Yeah, so, I, ugh, sorry.” She said looking down at her nails kind of nervously.

“Fooor?” I asked trying to figure her out. 

“I'm sorry for the way I treated you. I just, I… I'm trying to get myself straight and I have to apologize to those I've wronged.” 

“Aww, Jade, I'm so happy you are trying to get help. That's wonderful. If there is ever anything I can do to help I will.” I told her honestly.  I first hand knew how much a person could change.

“Well, there kind of is I think something you could do. I know Hendick is calling you to the office a lot too. He makes me sell the drugs, Sang, I didn't want to in the beginning. I got kinda drunk on the power though. I could do anything I wanted. Now though the price is too high.” Her hands move to her stomach. “I need to get out, Rocky needs to stop dealing too. I have something now that is way too important than some high school dealing.” I see her lip quiver a tiny bit.

I rest my hand on her arm, giving her some silent support. 

“I'm going to be a mom, I can't keep doing this shit. I'll tell you everything, I know you guys are not normal school kids. It's not a coincidence that McCoy attacked you and now he's gone.” She looked at me and I could see her fighting for strength and wanting to do the right thing, but also being scared. 

The bell ringing startled us a little. I wanted to continue this conversation. I held on to her arm and asked her to follow me. On the way to the music room, I group messaged the guys and told them everything was fine. I then asked Owen to meet Jade and me at the music room in ten minutes. 

I opened the door to the music room and ushered Jade in. 

“Okay, so I messaged Mr. Blackbourne he will be here in ten minutes.” Jade looked ready to bolt. 

“Hold on, you have to trust me. I would never do anything to hurt you or the baby. I promise Mr. Blackbourne can help.” I gently led her to a chair. “Just sit here. Even if you decide to say nothing to him, he will at least give you a pass back to class to excuse your tardy.” I smile kindly at her. 

She bites and worries her bottom lip with her teeth, then slowly nods her head. 

Owen walks into the music room. Complete and utter perfection. 
“Miss Roberts, Miss Jade, good morning. To what do I owe the pleasure of seeing you so early in the day?” 

“Mr. Blackbourne, Jade has confided a little information with me and I think we need you to hear it,” I speak with control and strength. 

“Very well please continue.” Owen rotates his hand in an ‘out with it’ gesture.