Working It Out

**Sang** 

The next morning Nate and I fell into our old pattern. He helped me make breakfast, we cleaned up. We got ready just like we used to. 

I did allow him to drive us to school. I had a white-knuckled death grip on the oh shit handle by the time we got there. I think I prayed to every deity to just let me get to school unharmed. 
When we got to school, Nate ran to my door and opened it for me. I shook as I let go of the handle. “You okay there? I didn't scare you did I?” Nate laughs. 

I smacked him on the arm. “You are never driving my car again.” I breathe out as I calm my nerves. 

“Aww come on, it wasn't that bad. The car needed to be blown out a little.” His chuckles carry through the halls. 

“A little? A little? Nate, you were doing ninety miles an hour down the freeway. You passed cars likes you were playing Grand Theft Auto!” I wail as we enter the courtyard. 

“What's wrong Ten?” Kota sees my distress.

“Nascar Nate over here is never driving my car again.” I huff out pointing to Nate. 

The guys all laugh. 

“Oh yeah, laugh it up. Ninety on the freeway North!” I say knowing North will not like that. 

“Relax Baby, I'm sure Nate had it under control.” North rubs my arm then fist bumps Nate. 

I give North a squinty eyed look. Letting him know that was not the response I was looking for. 

“Umm, I mean, damn it Nate, don't drive so recklessly with Baby in the car.” North back peddles but doesn't sound sincere. 

“Come here Aggele Mou, I will hold you and make you feel better.” Silas motions to the spot next to him. 

I quickly take the spot and Silas wraps me up in his giant arms. 

The bell rings for class and we all head in different directions. 

“You still love me, Baby?” North asks as he jogs to catch up with me. 

“Yes, North star. Do you still love me?” 

“I will never stop loving you.” He says looking down at me.

Before lunch I found Jade.  At the grocery store yesterday I had bought her different ginger things to try.  I gave her pickled ginger, fresh ginger, ginger tea, and ginger in pill form. I explained what it was for. I had taken the time in homeroom to look up on the internet how to use each one for nausea. I made her a handy little chart and directions. She seemed relieved that there was something she could do for the morning sickness. 

During my last class of the day about ten minutes before the bell for the end of the day was about to ring, the intercom to the room crackled and a familiar "Can you please send Sang Sorn, I mean Robert's to the office please?" 
The teacher rolled her eyes. "Same as always isn't it Sang? Get out of here." She motioned to the door with her head. 
I gathered my books and crammed everything into my backpack. I gave Kota a shrug when he gave me a questioning look. I had no idea either. 

I made my way into the office and the woman at the desk just waved me into Mr. Henderson's office.  

"Sang, sit down." Mr. Henderson said while seeming to be distracted looking at a file. 

"Can I help you?" I asked peeking to see what was in the file. 

He slammed the file shut before I could read too much. 

"I need information Sang. You haven't brought me anything new in quite awhile. I'm not sure you understand the consequences to your future fully.

I blinked slowly and took a calming breath. "Why do you think I will still help you? Have you forgetting so quickly what happened just last week? I'm still here." 

"Yes you are. And it seems that everything always comes out in your favor. So instead, how about I use Jade instead. You two seem to be chummy recently. And I know a whole lot of things about her that will land her for sure in hot water." He taps the folder he was just looking at. 

I sigh. No way.  Jade was just starting  to be a decent person. And she had already come to me for help. I wasn't letting her get dragged back into this. "I'll have something for you by next week." 

He nodded. "Good, now get out of here." 

The bell signaling the end of school sounded as I left his office. 

I quickly texted Owen to make sure he heard the whole thing. Of course he had. He had been watching me the whole time. 

After school, it seemed everyone had either a job or something they had to do, so Nathan and I just headed back to my apartment. 

“Nate, you want to go down to the gym with me? I haven't been yet and I want to check it out.” I said. 

“Sure, why not.” We both went and changed into clothes that would be comfortable to work out in. 

Down in the gym, they had everything you could possibly want. Free weights, machines, treadmills, stationary bikes, punching bags, an area for stretching or yoga and a sauna. 

“This place is pretty sweet,” Nathan said as he loaded up a bar with weights. 

“I'm glad we came to check it out,” I said from the treadmill. Trying to figure out how to enter my weight. 
Nate laid down on the bench under the bar. He started to raise and lower the bar slowly repeatedly. I watched as his muscles flexed with each rep. My steps on the treadmill faltered more than once in my distracted state.

“You okay over there Sang?” Nate smirked when he saw me trip. 

“Fantastic.” 

I decided that the treadmill was a little dangerous to be on while watching Nate work out. I went to the far side of the room and worked on some of the more advanced yoga poses I had learned at Fenwick. I did the classic poses to warm up some then went to the one that had given me the most trouble to learn, Yoganidrasana. I didn't think I was ever going to get both of my feet behind my head when I first started to learn this pose, but I stuck with it and got it. I had just gotten both legs behind my head when I heard a weight hit the floor and Nate started to cuss. I couldn't see him from where I was on the floor. 

“You okay Nate?” I called out in concern.

“Great!” he called back. 

I held the pose a few more minutes. I moved to a forearm stand scorpion. I was just coming out of that pose when I heard Nathan's phone start to chime repeatedly. Pretty soon it was chiming so fast that one didn't end before another began. 

 “Is something wrong? Does someone need help?” I worried about the number of texts coming in. Why didn't they message me?

“Nah, don't worry. Everything is good.” He dodged. 

“Fine, are you about done? I think I might want to check out the sauna for a few minutes then go take a shower.” 

“Whatever you want.” He said. 

After I sat in the sauna for a few minutes I was ready to go. 
Nate and I headed back up to my apartment. We showered and made dinner. As we ate dinner we worked on some homework. 
We cleaned up after we ate and sat down to watch some t.v. 
I got up to get us drinks and when I got back Nate was stretched out on the couch. I went to sit in the chair, but Nate patted the spot in front of him on the couch.

“Come cuddle with me.” He looked at me a little unsure.

I laid down on my side and Nate pulled me further back into his chest. I used my arm to prop up my head and my hand was near Nate’s face. 
I heard him sigh behind me and he eased my fingers into his mouth. He chewed lightly on the tips. I grabbed his hand and popped his fingers into my mouth. I smiled to myself. We were going to be okay. Not today, but someday.