Band-Aids

Maggie sat next to her dad, she was gently cleaning his cut up hand and placing different colored Band-Aids over the cuts. Nikki smiled watching his little monster focus on getting the Band-Aid open. He grimaced slightly, his head giving one obnoxious pang of pain reminding that was just decked in the face by the lead singer of London. "Shitty ass fucking band" he mumbled under his breath, "Daddy language" Maggie sighed softly, she was very aware that her dad had no filter, but other adults don't approve of cussing around your kid, so she tries to remind every once in awhile.

    Just as Maggie was about to put on the last Band-Aid, some skinny dude plopped down in front of them making Maggie fumble and drop the opened Band-Aid. She sighed, looking down at the Band-Aid, "Thanks a lot Chicken Legs, you made me drop my Band-Aid" Nikki snorted looking down at his daughter. "Oh, um, sorry lil dude, I'm just a really big fan of your dad and just wanted to say hi" the boy said while twisting his drum stick. "Yeah, your not the only who likes to say Hi to my dad" Maggie mumbled while putting a new Band-Aid over Nikki's cut, Nikki sighed focusing his attention on the skinny kid in front of him "what's your name man?" The skinny kid smiled real big "Tommy Lee!" Maggie smiled a little watching him twist around his drum stick, "So where'd you learn to do that, Tommy" Maggie asked with a slight head tilt. He laughed, "Highschool band camp" her eyes sparkled "Awesome" both men laughed at the little girl.

    Shortly after they continued their conversation about starting a band. Later that Night, Nikki and Maggie headed home. "So, what'd you think about Tommy Mag's?" Maggie shrugged, "He's nicer than our last drummer, that guy was a major dick, he would never say sorry about making me drop my Band-Aid" Nikki Laughed shaking his head, "does he carry the Maggie seal of approval?" She tapped her chin like she was deep in thought, and sighed "for now, but we still need a singer and a guitar player, daddy" He nodded, "Yeah I know, I gonna call some guys tomorrow, and have them come over on Friday, for the first rehearsal" Maggie nodded, "sounds awesome."

((((((((Friday))))))))

     Maggie groaned for the 100th time, as she watched the hippie kid fumble with his guitar. Her Dad, showed him the chords again before taking a break with Tommy Outside. She watched the hippie struggle before rolling her eyes and walking out. Nikki picked up Maggie and let her chill on his shoulders, "that dude sucks daddy" Nikki sighed, " yeah I know, kid" Tommy laughed, and shrugged "maybe he'll get better" Maggie snorted, "Maybe dad will stop smoking" and then she sighed heavily "two things that'll never happen." Both Men laughed at the 5 year olds remark, just as Mick Mar's pulled up to the curb. Nikki and Maggie both watched the older man as he got out his car and started carrying an Amp by himself. Tommy being Tommy, quickly rushed to help the poor dude.

    Maggie slid off of her dad's shoulders, and went downstairs to grab the dudes guitar case. She gently picked up the handle with both hands and slowly carried it up the stairs. Nikki waited patiently for his daughter, introducing himself to Mick Mars. Maggie walked over to the two men handing Mick his guitar Case, "I'm Maggie by the way, I belong to the bass Player. Tommy's to little, and the Hippie sucks to much to be my dad, so that leaves him" She stated pointing at Nikki. Mick snorted, ruffling the kids hair "I'm Mick" They all walked into the small apartment, Maggie took her place on the couch, watching them all set up "Alright you think you got it man?" Nikki asked "Just fucking play it man" Nikki Laughed looking towards Maggie nodding. "Okay dad, go!" She shouted, he laughed beginning to play the first part of the song.

   It sounded okay, but then Mick hit his effect pedal. Maggie started Jamming out hard core, but then the Hippie kid started yelling. Maggie huffed clearly irritated with the blonde air head, "mind turning it down bit old timer? I'm having a hard time hearing myself" Maggie felt rage fill her tiny body, "Dude you do realize you suck major Ass right?" Maggie sneered at the Hippie, he rolled his eyes at her "Shut it kid, what would you know about music?" She growled.

      Mick looked from the hippie, to Maggie, to Nikki, "Fucking hippie ain't gonna make it" he stated, making Maggie smile, and the other two smirk. "Then tell him" Nikki stated, already wanting to push off the balcony for bad mouthing his kid. Mick sighed turning towards the hippie " listen to me, there's only room for one guitar player in this band and that's me, so why don't you pack up your toys and go home" Maggie smiled at the statement Mick made, growing more attached to the one she's dubbed Alien.

    The Hippie got all pissy after that, " Okay I was here first, alright, Tommy tell him" Tommy purposely dropped his drum sticks, "Nikki? Come on" He just shrugged at the hippie kid, "Maggie?" She just flipped him off. "Really!? Your gonna listen to this old dude over me?!" We all just looked at him, "Fuck you guys man! And this shitty Fucking band!" With that hippie kid stormed out. Tommy and I laughed a little after that, "So how old are you Mick?" Tommy smirked, "Fuck you, you fucking teenager." Which made me laugh so hard, I cried a little bit, Tommy sighed looking at Nikki "What'd I say", he just shrugged, "Who Care's! Just start playing! Dad, kick it!" He laughed but started the first part of live wire.

•Maggie POV•

   After that, they decided they needed a lead singer. Which is how we all ended up at some backyard party. Dad dressed me in a KISS Shirt & some jeans with my denim jacket, so basically we stuck out like sore thumbs in our dark outfits. "Fucking cover band" Mick sighed walking away, me following him of course, leaving dad and Tommy to talk.

   Mick looked down at me, shaking his head, "Where's your mom kid?" I shrugged, watching the cover band, " she died when I was 2, Dad said it was because she took a lot of bad medication or something, I don't know, I don't like to think about it" Mick sighed, ruffling my hair, "Well at least we have a lead singer now, right?" I smiled a bit "Right!"

    Dad & Tommy walked over, Tommy picked me up and put me on the table so I could feel involved, also to stop people from knocking me over  " I don't care if he can sing or not, look what he's doing to those chicks" Dad pointed out, "Yeah but singing is pretty important too, dad" I sighed, He laughed, slinging his arm around my shoulders, " yeah, your right kid."

    Tommy raced over to the blonde, joking around with him and then pointing over at us, " We must look super weird, to that guy" I stated, they both hummed in agreement. Tommy came racing back over,  excited "I think he's in!" I shrugged, "well he'll be there tomorrow if he is."