Needles

*WARNING: This chapter involves the abuse of Drugs*

"Maggie, I'm serious. You need be on your best behavior when your at Paul and Gene's okay?" Maggie nodded giving her father a bright, innocent smile, "Of course, Daddy" Nikki sighed, he knew what he was doing. You see, secretly Maggie was livid with her father, and Nikki was extremely aware that she was pissed with him. Maggie loves KISS, but she loves her Dad more, and this is the first time in years Maggie's been away from her father for more than 2 hours. Ever since everything that happened with Maggie's mom, Nikki had promised to never leave her alone again, and he honestly thought she would have grown out of the separation anxiety by now. The two turned when a knock was heard on the door, "Maggie, I love you." Nikki stated picking up  his daughter, giving her a light kiss on the cheek, Maggie sighed, hugging her dad's neck, "Yeah, I love you too Daddy." Nikki walked over to the door, opening it, there stood Paul, a smile plastered on his face. "Hey guys!" Maggie smiled brightly, reaching out for Paul, Nikki laughed handing the girl over to the singer, who eagerly took the girl. Maggie giggled as Paul spun her around, before bringing her into his chest, "So how is my StarChild this morning?" Paul asked, with a sweet smile, Maggie smiled gently "I'm great! I'm really looking forward to spending the day with you and Gene." Nikki smiled, a small amount of relief washing over him, "Well, I gotta get going guys, Mick and I should be over around 8 to pick her up. Is that okay? We can come earlier if that's to late," Nikki rambled clearly nervous about Maggie, Paul laughed "Nah man I get it! Recording takes forever, 8 sounds fine, I'm sure Gene and her will be knocked out by then anyways" Nikki chuckled nervously, "Thanks again man" Paul shook his head, "it's no problem man." With that the three parted ways, Nikki headed towards the Record label and The two StarChild's headed to Paul's house. When they arrived Gene walked out with a smirk on his face. "What's up Maggie May?" Maggie smiled wide, "Geney!" The little girl ran towards the demon with glee, Gene laughed picking up the small girl. "Yeah, this will be easy man! I don't know what we were worried about" Paul laughed, Gene nodded, "Yeah we were just paranoid." The two men ate those words about 4 hours later as Maggie was having a melt down. "Maggie, baby, please calm down" Paul cooed, slowly rocking the girl in an attempt to calm the girl. Maggie cried harder, mumbling Nikki's name, "I want my Daddy!" Paul cringed looking over at Gene who was on the Phone with Doc.  "Shes what?" Doc asked, a little shocked the sweet girl was acting out, Nikki instantly shot up from the couch, going over to Doc. "What's going on? Is Maggie okay?" Doc shook his head, "according to Gene shes having a complete breakdown!" Nikki sighed heavily, mumbling to himself, before shouting "Mick! We gotta go man! Maggie needs us!" Mick sighed, slowly getting up. As the pulled into the driveway they could see an extremely stressed Paul and Gene, with a very upset Maggie. Nikki instantly got out of the car, jogging over to the small group. Paul felt Maggie squirm in his arms, and instantly let the little girl down. Maggie ran over to her Dad, tears pouring, Nikki picked up his girl immediately bringing her into his chest. Mick looked at the girl, and then at the rockers, "Okay, what happened? She never has meltdowns this bad unless something makes her really upset." Paul shrugged, sighing " I don't know man, everything was fine! We were chilling on the couch watching this Doctor show, and suddenly shes having a breakdown." Gene sighed, " She started freaking out when they were giving the person shots and then when they did CPR" Nikki grimaced, holding his little girl tighter, before looking over at the three men, "I'm sorry guys, I should've warned you. When Maggie was 4 her mom OD on Heroin and Mags was the one who found her. I, of course, tried to revive her with CPR, but it was to late." The three men looked at the Bass player in shock, "holy shit man." Mick just looked at the little girl in awe, she truly was a little badass. Gene huffed, " Damn man, that's heavy " Nikki sighed, shaking his head, " I knew this was a bad idea, she's not ready to be away from me yet" Maggie's gently breaths warming his neck, " I'm sorry guys" The two shook there heads, " you have nothing to apologize for man" Gene said giving the bass player a gentle smile. "Hey, you better get her home, she needs some rest after all that" Paul suggested kindly, Nikki nodded "Thanks again guys" the two nodded before watching the small group pullout of the driveway. The Car was filled with silence, the only noise was Maggie's hushed snores, Mick sighed "listen man, I'm not judging on the past or anything, but I swear to whatever god is up there, that if you ever do something like that to her, I will personally kick your ass." Nikki looked over at his bandmate in shock, realizing that he was serious, "I would-" Nikki started, "I know Sixx, but if you ever even think about trying that shit, I will make sure you regret it. Poor babes been through enough, and your all she's got, so don't forget that." Mick stated, pulling up in front of the Apartment complex. "I'll see you tomorrow Mick" Mick nodded, "Yeah, I'll see you later Sixx. Take care of her, Alright?" Nikki nodded, holding his little Devil tightly.  The leather clad, bass player made his way up the old concrete steps, unlocking his shitty one bedroom apartment. He walked in, gently tossing his keys on the kitchen table, carrying Maggie off to the bedroom. He laid her down on the bed, tucking her in, before he walked out to the living room. He grabbed the small baggie he had stashed in the vent, before disappearing into the bathroom for awhile. Nikki soon joined his daughter, letting her lay on his chest as they both slept.