Broken Home.

Maggie held Skylar on her hip, watching Vince and Sharise greet each other. Maggie adjusted Skylar, slightly agitated by the entire situation. Maggie was now living with Sharise, and Skylar. Nothing was legally done, but Mick threatened Nikki into allowing the young mom to take Maggie in. Vince and Sharise walked over, Vince smiling brightly, "Skylar this is your Daddy." Maggie whispered pointing at the singer, the small girl babbled a somewhat understandable sentence making Maggie smile.

       Vince swooped Skylar from Maggie's arms, Sharise gently hugging the older girl against her chest. Maggie sighed, heavily nuzzling into Sharise's neck. Vince smiled sadly at the girl, "Hey Maggie." Maggie looked up from Sharise's hold, "Heya Vinnie." The group made their way towards the large SUV, Maggie buckling Skylar into her carseat, before buckling herself in. The car ride was quiet until Vince looked back at Maggie, "I know that it's hard for you to live with me right now, and I'm sorry. I promise I'll make it as easy as I can." Maggie nodded, "Thank you, Vince. That means a lot to me." Vince nodded, "Are you coming to the studio with me later?" Maggie nodded, with a small smile, "Yup. Only time I actually see my Dad." Vince shook his head, before  going quiet again.

   Maggie walked into the studio quietly, Vince following behind her.  Maggie looked at the guys with tired eyes, she watched Vince scan the room, "Yo" Vince tried, "What's up Man" Tommy greeted, the drummer plopping down next to Mick and Maggie, Vince smiled, "Hey Dude." Maggie listened to the guys fill the tense silence with random strums of acoustic guitars, Nikki looked up handing the singer the music. "I, uh, got the lyrics." Vince gently took the papers, listening to Nikki's slightly slurred words, "I made a couple of adjustments but, um I think you'll like'em." Maggie leaned against Tommy, watching the interaction closely, "Home sweet home?" Nikki sat up a bit straighter, "it's been too long, buddy." A cruel smirk tugged at Nikki's lips, "Here have a bump with me." Maggie glared at her father, before quickly grabbing the plate and throwing it across the room. The studio filled with deadly silence, "He just got out of fucking Jail, Dad." Nikki sighed, looking away dumbly, before he began picking the strings of his bass. "You're an asshole, Sixx." Maggie watched angrily as Vince snorted the small clump that had spilled from the plate.

      "Wanna show him the melody?" Nikki asked Tommy, as Vince began to cough. Maggie watched in disappointment as the singer stumbled towards the trashcan, throwing up. "What the fuck was that?" Vince asked harshly, Nikki gave the singer a cruel smile, "That was Smack." Maggie shook her head, before leaving the room. The door slamming harshly behind her.

      Maggie heard angry shouting before, Vince slammed the door closed. His eyes filled with tears. Maggie gently grabbed the singer's hand, leading him towards the exit. The singer sat in the driver seat sobbing, Maggie gently running her hand through his hair, comforting the singer. "Why are you being so kind to me, Maggie? I took so much from you. You should hate me like they do." Maggie shook her head, "I could never hate you Vinnie. Yes, I haven't forgiven you for Razzle's death, but I haven't forgiven Razzle for going either. I don't think I ever will. However, I won't let that trauma define our relationship. I still love you like my brother Vince. You made a catastrophic mistake, but I know you've learned from it." Vince sobbed louder, as he hugged Maggie tightly. "Its gonna be okay Vinnie. I promise. Now let's go home. I'm sure our girls are missing us."

       After Vince calmed down, the two headed back home. Maggie was immediately greeted by Skylar, who Maggie quickly swooped into her arms. Vince smiled watching the two girls eagerly climb the stairs, he could hear Sharise's happy laughter echoing through the large house. He was very lucky to be alive, that didn't cure his guilt, but it did help.

        The next morning, Maggie could be found in the sunroom, Her feet dancing gently to soft sound of the Beatles, and ocean breeze. Her heart was filled with sorrow, she only listened to the Beatles on this day. She only listened to Hey Jude on this day. The warm glow of the sunrise, washed over Maggie's face as she spun in circles. "Care if I join?" Vince asked, Maggie jumped slightly before smiling gently, "Not all. What are you doing up so early?" Vince shrugged, "I haven't been able to sleep soundly since the crash. What are you doing up so early?" Maggie smiled, "Its my mom's birthday today. I always dance with her on her birthday." Vince smiled sympathetically at the girl, "Well I'm no Jane Sixx, but I can manage." Maggie laughed, "She'll be happy to have your company Vince."

     Sharise leaned against the doorframe watching as Vince and Maggie dance, she smiled warmly. Maggie was her family now, no matter what, and she knew Vince felt the same. She quietly approached the two before gently, wrapping her arms around Vince who was holding Maggie. The three swayed gently to the music, the soft yellow glow of the sunrise bathed the the little makeshift family in warmth. The light made Maggie's tears Sparkle, the two holding the girl tighter.

        Maggie sighed heavily as she opened the door to her once home. Eventhough her and Nikki's relationship was extremely rocky at the moment, she knew her dad still needed her today. The house was quiet, Maggie bit her lip taking a deep breath, a pain filled her chest at the thought of Bowie no longer greeting her at the door. Maggie clenched her jaw, before making her way upstairs.

     She passed her room, still filled with all of her stuff, excluding the sentimental stuff she had at Vinnie's. Maggie gently turned the corner, walking up the small spiral staircase to Nikki's room. As she went to know she heard a beep, and a voice of an older rang throughout the house. "Frankie? This your mom. Look I know you're busy, um, being a big star and all." There was some nervous laughter, before the woman continued, "I'd just really like to talk to you sometime. Call me back, Okay?" Maggie scrunched her face in confusion,  before hearing another beep. "You must have gotten the selfish gene from your father, cause this is very selfish, what you're doing. Its just-" the woman sobs into the reciever, "I just miss you Frankie. Talk to me, please?" Maggie heard her father muffled crys, and she felt sympathy for her father.

     Maggie knocked gently on the dark wood door, "Dad?" Nikki's broken voice came from behind the door, "What Maggie?" Maggie grimaced, sliding down the door, "Its her birthday today." Nikki held back his sob,  before sniffling "Yeah I know. She would've been 24." Maggie quickly wiped her tears away, "Are you okay?" Nikki growled, "What do you think Maggie?" Maggie sighed, closing her eyes, "I just-" "Just what Maggie? Why are you even here? It's your fault Jane is dead. You're the reason I'm so fucking depressed all the time. All you do is make me feel like shit, and disappoint me." Maggie began to cry, her eyes filled with hurt, and Rage, "You know what, Dad. I'm the only who gives a fuck about you. I know you're just trying to push me away because you're hurt. I'm hurt too Dad. I miss her too." The door clicked open, and Nikki quickly hugged Maggie to his chest. "I'm sorry, Maggie. You deserve so much better than this life." Nikki sobbed, Maggie cried softly, "I know Dad, but I would never choose another life over ours." Maggie lied, trying to comfort her father. 

         The two laid in Nikki's bed, Maggie gently playing with Nikki's hands, as the bass player stared at the ceiling, streaks of dried tears lined his face. "I miss you Kid." Maggie sighed, gently running her finger tips over the bruised bumps on Nikki's forearm, "I miss you too Dad. But I'm not coming back till these are gone." Maggie looked at her father's face, "I will never understand how you could do this yourself." Nikki sighed, tears began to softly roll down his cheeks again, "It makes everything disappear Maggie. I don't feel anything. I don't feel like a fuck up, or a terrible father. It's better than feeling so fucking depressed all the time." Maggie shook her head, "I feel bad for you Dad. Pain is a part of life. Depression is a normal behavior, but you can't push it down with drugs and bad decisions. In order to understand your feelings, you have to feel them. Being numb isn't going to solve anything. This is literally killing you Dad."

     Nikki grimaced, "When did you get so damn smart?" Maggie laughed softly, "I always have been Dad. I've just gotten better at expressing it." Nikki chuckled sadly, "I've missed so much haven't I?" Maggie nodded, "Yeah Dad, you really have." Nikki rolled over, bringing Maggie into his arms. Maggie shuffled over, letting her Dad cuddle her. They laid in grief filled silence. They were grieving  Jane, and the shambles of their once close bond.

No matter how hard they tried, it seemed nothing was going to go back to the way it was in the beginning.