Chapter 7

I jolted up, looking around the dark basement. I was confused momentarily until I remembered what happened. I reached up to touch the cut on my forehead.

Before I knocked myself out, I went wandering around the pitch dark room. I couldn't see, and I was panicking. So I accidentally hit my head on a wall, knocking me out.

I ran my hands along the wall, trying to find the staircase. When my hand didn't have wall anymore, I slowly put my foot out and looked for the first step. I slowly climbed the stairs, reaching for the door handle.

I banged on the door, jiggling the handle. "Peter!" I called, my voice cracking. I heard footsteps approaching and then the door swung open. Peter stood in the doorway.

I ran towards Peter, hugging him.

"Please don't put me down there again. Please don't put me down there. Please don't put me down there. Please-"

"Shh, it's okay Daisy," Peter whispered. I could almost feel his smirk. He knew that I was vulnerable. I hated the dark. And he put me down there, for awhile. He knew I would come running to me.

I wiped the tears from my eyes. "Can I see Har- Spring?" I asked, looking up at him. He nodded, the stupid smirk still plastered on his face.

Peter led me back to the bedroom. Harper was in a much bigger cage. She was curled up, bruises on her arms and face.

"What the fuck did you do to her?!" I screamed. I went to run to Harper but he yanked me back.

"Let me go!" I cried. Peter chuckled and threw me on the bed. I could hear his laughing as he tied my hands above my head.

"Please don't touch me," I begged. Peter started to kiss my neck, holding onto my hips. I sobbed, trying to kick him off.

"You hugged me earlier, remember?"

"I was scared!"

"Well, you're scared now, so," he said.

Peter shushed me by kissing me. I pulled my face away, which angered him. He held my face in place and continued to kiss me. I could feel something sharp pressing against my thigh when I didn't kiss him back. I whimpered and started to kiss him.

He pulled away and got off of me. "You are such a good girl!" He praised. "I'm going to the store, so I will leave you and Spring. Don't do anything stupid, not that you two can!" He giggled and skipped away. He left the house and locked the front door behind him.

"Harper, help!" I cried. She started to bang her shoulder against the cage, trying to open it since the holes in the cage were too small for her to stick her fingers through.

"Daisy, it hurts," she whispered.

"I know, but we have to get out of here."

She cried out and banged her body against the cage as hard as she could. The cage popped open and she scrambled out. She ran towards me and quickly untied my wrist.

I got out of the bed and started to go through Peter's clothes, looking for something to wear. It was winter and all I had was yoga pants and a shirt.

I grabbed a long sleeved shirt, a black hoodie that was probably Peter's, and black sweatpants. I put them on and then gave Harper a hoodie and sweatpants. We found our shoes and put them on.

"We need to eat something, we don't know how far away we are from home," I mumbled, looking through the fridge and pulling out leftover spaghetti. I heated it up and Harper and I scarfed it down.

Harper ran towards the front door, trying to open it. The door didn't budge. She threw her body against it but it was no use.

"Fuck!" I screamed. "Um, check all the doors. I'll check the windows." Harper skittered away, attempting to open all the doors. I tried to open all the windows downstairs, and when that failed, I went upstairs.

I went to a bedroom and tried to open a window. It slid open. My eyes widened and I called for Harper. She came sprinting up the stairs and to me.

I peeked out the window and looked at the drop. At least a 25 foot drop. The ground was grass, but still terrifying. Harper started to climb out of the window, and then she jumped. I gasped and looked at her, she was laying on the ground.

"Harper!" I screamed.

"I'm fine," she called out. "My ankle is hurt, though."

She slowly stood up, resting her weight on one foot.

"I can't do it, Harper!"

"You have to!"

I stared at the ground and gasped. I slowly climbed out the window, ready to jump when I slipped. I screamed and clung onto the windowsill my fingers becoming slippery.

"Daisy, you have to let go!"

"I can't!"

My fingers started to slip. I cried out. My fingers slipped off, making me fall. I started to scream until I hit the ground. I heard multiple cracks. I screamed in pain.

Harper limped over to me, helping me up. "My ribs and..." I wheezed. The pain in my ribs and pelvic area was unbelievable. I gasped in pain and started to limp away from the house.

Harper and I walked for awhile until a bright red old car drove near us. We waved our hands and the car stopped.

"Please help us, we were kidnap-"

Peter came out of the car and ran towards us with a bat. I screamed and then the bat was hit against my head. I thumped to the ground. The last thing I heard was Harper's screams.