Chapter 12

I pet the dog on my chest. I couldn't get the smile off of my face. The dogs fur was the only warm thing I had felt in a while. And somehow, it gave me strength. Maybe it would be okay in the end. Just maybe.

I slowly put the small puppy on the bed next to me. I slowly stood up and let out a small yelp of pain. Everything was hurting. My ribs were still not healed. My hip was still hurt. And then there was my stomach. And not to mention my shoulder, which didn't hurt as bad anymore.

I stumbled weakly into the living room, where Peter was making food. He heard my heavy steps and turned around to look at me.

"Babe, you aren't supposed to be up," Peter said softly.

"You fucking did this to me!"

"Babe-"

"No! Shut your fucking mouth! You will not treat me like that anymore! You will treat me with respect! Do you understand?!

"Yes, ma'am."

I felt so angry, I didn't even realize that I had yelled. I just snapped, and I got so mad. It felt like I was going to explode with anger.

Peter's face was red. And I couldn't tell if it was because he was mad, embarrassed, or both.

I felt the adrenaline slowly leaving. I wobbled to my room, suddenly feeling faint. I laid next to the dog and thought of a name.

Copper. His name was Copper.

I gently pet Copper with the smallest smile. Until I remembered Dove. Where was she? Was she okay? I need her.

"Peter, get your ass in here!" I screamed.

Peter rushed in and stood in the doorway with his head down.

"Get me Dove, now."

Peter rushed out of the room. I smiled at the sudden power I had over him.

Peter brought back Dove and then left to go cook something. I ushered Dove towards me and she listened.

"Did he hurt you?"

She shook her head and then turned her attention towards the puppy. She exclaimed and picked up Copper with a smile. She held him close to her.

"Peter got him."

She nodded and turned her attention back to the Copper.

Peter walked in with an angry expression. I limped towards him and glared.

"You do not control me!" He screamed.

"Yes, I do!"

He raised a hand to hit me. I could see the anger in his eyes. How much he wanted to hit me.

But he didn't.

"Do it, you little bitch!"

"I can't!"

"That's what I thought! Now get on the ground!" I screamed.

Peter looked defeated as he crumpled down. He didn't look at me.

I looked at Dove, who had a shocked expression on her face. I looked back at Peter's defeated form on the ground with a smirk.

I could only hope that this power lasted.