Chapter 20

Daisy

When I woke up from my eight hour sleep, I was still tired.

"Hey, did anything happen when I was unconscious in the old house?" Dove asked.

I froze and looked away from her.

"It's just, you've been a little tired."

"I'm fine, just lack of sleep."

"You slept almost the whole trip here."

"He knocked me out."

"You just slept, and now you're going back to sleep."

"I'm fine!" I snapped. I must admit, I was strangely tired. Like a never ending tired. But I don't know what could have causes it besides Peter raping me. Yeah, it must be that my body was still tired.

Peter was in the kitchen cooking something. Not that I cared, but it was something to note.

Copper had grown since his stay here. Not much, but he wasn't a tiny pup anymore. Maybe he could defend me from Peter.

"Do you think the police gave up?" Dove asked.

"No," I replied. "They were there. That's why we left."

"But do you think they think we're dead?"

"I don't know."

Peter came out of the kitchen with 4 plates. He handed one to me, Dove, and Copper. On the plate was a measly piece of meat.

"What is this?" I asked.

"Rabbit."

I gasped and dropped the plate. Copper didn't care about what it was. He happily ate his own and then stole mine of the plate.

"Damn mutt!" Peter shouted, raising his hand. I gave him a daring look and he put it back down.

"Can we just go to bed?" I asked. Peter nodded and led me up some stairs. I walked into a bedroom and flopped on the bed.

And that's when I saw it. A cellphone hooked up to the wall. It might not be working, but if this place still had a working stove, then it was possible.

Another thought crossed my mind. Why were the windows boarded up? Was a kidnapper using this place? Were bad people using this place?

My heartbeat sped up. Soon I heard Peter's snores. I waited for about five minutes until I stood up.

I rushed to the phone and dialed 911.

"911, what's your emergency?"

I felt the tears stinging at my eyes. Someone else's voice is what I needed to hear the most.

"Hi, my name is Daisy Jefferson. I've been missing for awhile. I'm being held hostage by a man named Peter Powell."

"Do you know where you are?"

"No, can't you track this call?"

"Yes, but it may take a bit. It seems as if there are already two detectives looking for you."

"Please, hurry."

"Has this man hurt you?"

"Yes, but he won't kill me. He thinks he is in love with me."

"I'll send the detectives your location. Stay strong, Ms. Jefferson."

I closed my eyes and let out a small laugh.

"Daisy, what are you doing?"

My head snapped towards Peter. His eyes were open and he looked confused.

"Hey, do you deliver pizza?" I quickly said.

"Ms. Jefferson, this is 911."

"Oh, you don't? Okay, well, goodbye."

I quickly hung up the phone.

"Daisy, don't do that!" Peter scolded.

I laid down next to him.

"I'm sorry, I was just hungry," I said.

"I'm sorry, baby. But if people find you, they might think that I am holding you against your will. But I know you love me."

I shuddered and closed my eyes. I was still tired. Not even the police coming  could change that.

"I'm going to sleep," I told Peter. And for the first time in a long time, I fell asleep happy.