Chapter 13

"Aren't you scared that he'll kill you?" Dove asked.

"No, I'm not scared of death anymore."

"How?"

"I have nothing left to lose."

She looked confused.

"The most dangerous people are the ones that have nothing left. The ones that aren't scared of death. Peter can kill me, but what will that accomplish? It's what I want."

"But there is so much left!"

"My mom is dead. My dad might be worried. I'll probably be stuck here forever anyways. So I have nothing."

"You have me! And Copper!"

"You and him still have time to leave this place."

I could see the tears forming in Dove's eyes.

"You have to try!"

"Look at me, Dove! I have two broken bones! My fucking stomach is slashed! And I'm beat every other day! I'm broken! Get that into your fucking brain!"

Dove was crying now. She held Copper close to her and looked away from me. I walked outside and went to the living room. I could see the bright blue light being illuminated from the TV.

"Search is still going on for a missing young girl. Her name is Daisy Jefferson. Her hair is dark brown and she has brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a white shirt and jeans. If you find her, there will be a $100,000 reward."

I rushed to the TV and saw my crying dad on TV.

"Please, find my daughter! She is everything to me! I'll pay more if you want! Anything for my daughter!"

My dad started sobbing. He was comforted by my grandma who was crying too.

"I can't lose her, too! I've already lost her mom!"

My dad and grandma walked into the house. I could still hear my dad's sobs in the back of my mind.

Peter rushed into the living room and turned the TV off.

"They'll find me! They are looking!" I exclaimed.

And suddenly, all my power was gone. People were looking for me. And Dove. They would find us! I had something to live for.

"They won't find you, Daisy! You love me! I'm your boyfriend! Would you really leave me?"

"I would leave you in a heartbeat!"

"You love me!"

"I will never love you!"

Peter snapped and stomped towards me. He pinned me against the wall roughly, holding my wrist in a painful grasp.

"Let go of me, you fucking donut!"

"I'll kill you right now! How do you feel about that, huh?! Then they'll find your dead body! Your dad and everyone else!"

I knew he saw the fear in my eyes when he smirked.

"Now, you will listen to me! Got it?!"

I was scared. I wanted the police to find me so bad. And then Dove, Copper, and I could finally be free. The thought of fresh air made me happy.

"Got it? You better respond when I talk to you!"

I stayed silent. He suddenly wrapped his hands around my throat and squeezed.

This wasn't quick and painless. This hurt. I wanted oxygen.

I gasped for air and clawed at his hands.

Air.

I needed air.

Why couldn't I breathe?

"Please," I choked out.

I heard Dove enter the room, but I could care less. I just wanted to breathe.

My fingers started to become cold. It felt like tiny needles were pricking my hands. My vision started to become starry.

"Get your hands of my friend!" Dove shrieked.

My eyes started to close. Weird blobs danced against my closed eyelids. I stopped trying to fight, as I was too weak.

Suddenly, footsteps charged towards Peter. The pressure on my neck was released and I fell to the floor.

I heard grunts and fists hitting skin. Tumbling sounds were all I could hear.

"Daisy, can you hear me?!" Dove said. I started to feel tired.

I fell unconscious.

(So, the next chapter is going to be told from a different perspective of a detective. And I have a feeling that you guys might hate the chapter after that. So, :)