Chapter 23

I let out a choked sob as I dropped the pregnancy test to the floor. I didn't know what to feel. Happy? Sad? Mad? Maybe it was all three.

Liam came rushing in to find me sitting against a wall.

"Liam, what if the baby turns out to be a Peter 2.0? Or what if the baby dies? Or..."

Liam shushed me by giving me a quick kiss. "You'll be okay," he whispered.

"I'm pregnant." I let out a sad laugh.

Liam helped me stand up. I sat on my couch and curled up.

"Do you want me to stay?" He asked. I nodded and he sat down next to me. I started to sob.

Peter had raped me, put a baby inside of me, and he was still running loose. The police hadn't caught him, and it had been 4 weeks.

"Liam, I think that maybe, you should be with someone else."

"Are you breaking up with me?"

"I'm not normal! And you're a nice guy. You deserve someone that isn't broken."

"I'm not leaving you." He said. His daring eyes made me sigh in defeat. He was stubborn, and I knew that he would never leave me alone. Even if I did break up with him.

I scooted closer to him, resting my head on his shoulder. "I'll help you raise it."

"What?"

"I'll raise the baby with you."

"Just shut up about the future. Just for a second."

Liam sighed and put an arm around me. It was nice to feel the touch of another human. A human that wasn't Peter.

"Liam?"

"Yeah?"

"I need you to promise something."

"Okay."

"Promise me that you'll never leave me. Even if I do have a baby that isn't yours. Or if the baby is from Peter."

"I'll never leave you, Daisy."

"Promise?"

"I promise."