6. Desired dreams.

"What the hell is that psychotic bitch spewing about?" I asked Maria, breaking the silence that had crowded between the three of us.

"Well, you see," she stuttered, looking everywhere but at us.

"Stop stuttering!" I yelled, completely aggravated. "You ditched us so you could eat lunch with Regina, isn't it?" I asked the most obvious question, knowing the answer already.

Meanwhile, Steff stood completely calm and relaxed, as if none of this bothered him in the least. But I could tell by his stance that he was definitely not okay with what he had just heard.

"I was about to see you guys for lunch when I heard someone calling my name, and the next thing I knew was that Regina and her posse were pulling me along to lunch."

"I'm sorry. I never intended to ditch you guys. I wanted to text or call so badly, but she would always snatch my phone," she finished off, looking a bit sad.

"And what about the party this Saturday, which is supposed to be your welcoming party?" I questioned, because there's no way in hell she was going anywhere!

"I wasn't planning on going," she snapped, as if offended, while twisting her fingers together—something she'd normally do when she's nervous.

I hoped, for the benefit of the doubt, that she was right about everything. Regina would definitely stoop this low, trying to steal my best friend for payback or, better yet, planning my demise. How typical of her.

"Good. Now, don't you ever do something like that again. You nearly gave me a heart attack!" I exaggerated, dragging her into a tight hug. Oh, how I missed her.

"Just make sure that if something like that were to happen again, you think of an idea that will get you the hell out of there," I laughed, but I was dead serious.

"I need to get to class," Steff voiced, walking off without another word.

"Don't worry. He just needs some time to cool off. No biggie. He'll be perfectly fine by the end of the day," I stated to her with a smile, trying to ease the tension on her face.

"Come on now, let's head to class."

If I knew Steff, it was that his ego was slightly bruised, thinking that Maria would rather spend the day with a bitch than with him.

As soon as the day ended, I was on my way out when I spotted Kristen and Steffon engaged in a whisper-yelling match, while Kristen's friends stood quietly to the side. It was really strange because it was the first time I had ever seen them talking to each other.

The look on Kristen's gorgeous face showed he was deadly serious, while Steff had a pissed-off look. It must be really important for both of them to be whispering aggressively as if they wanted to rip each other apart.

And just like that, the twins Maurice and Marco spotted me staring at both individuals, who were too engrossed in their conversation to even recognize me. Maurice then got Kristen's attention while tilting his head in my direction.

All five of them turned their gazes toward me, and my anxiety went haywire. The look that Kristen gave me was one of intensified glare, making me gasp and cower a little. Oh dear lord, I hope that glare was not intentionally directed at me but at the situation they had been discussing. I mean, I did nothing wrong!

They all then walked away to their own cars as I sighed with relief.

"What was that all about?"

"It's nothing. Where's Maria?" he asked, ignoring the question.

"Steffon?"

"Not now, Anna!"

"Stop ignoring my question."