48. The final score.

"Hi,"

"Hey," I turned around to see the one person I should not be seeing at this given moment when Kristen was around. But at least he's in one piece.

"Sorry I wasn't able to take your calls, I was kinda busy with training and stuff," Sebastian said to me.

"That's okay. So, have you heard anything new?" I questioned suspiciously.

"You mean with regards to your boyfriend's proposal?" He smiled.

"Yeah, so what do you think about it?" I questioned, trying to sound as if I knew what Kristen had proposed.

"Yeah, I think it's a great deal, you know," he smiled.

"Yeah, I think so too. So, you're planning on going through with it, no hesitations?" I questioned him.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?" Sebastian asked, looking a bit skeptical at me.

Why won't he just come out with it!

"I'm glad to see you and Kristen getting along well," I smiled.

He just stood there smiling at me like he knew I wanted to ask what Kristen proposed to him, but he just would not say, damn it!

"So, you're comfortable with coming over to our team's after-party if your team loses?" I exclaimed. He was definitely something else.

"That's what he told you?" he looked at me a little puzzled.

"Yeah, isn't that what he proposed?" I questioned, a bit puzzled myself.

"Of course not."

"Then what did he propose to you?" This is now getting me anxious.

"Well, I wouldn't be the best person to say, so it's best for you to find out from Kristen. I need to go; it's bad enough I'm here talking to you with Kristen's spies around," he frowned.

"You can't just leave me hanging here; at least give me a clue," I asked as he walked away.

"Hey, wait!"

"Annabella, why the hell were you fraternizing with the enemy? Are you still trying to get yourself killed?" Steff's voice startled me.

"Well, I needed answers, and I wanted to ask him if Kristen had said anything to him about the proposal," I told Steff.

"And did he?"

"Yes, but I wasn't able to get what the proposal was about."

"So, all that for nothing, and you almost got yourself killed," he scolded me.

"So why don't you just ask Kristen what he proposed instead of going behind his back? You can't just go speaking to your boyfriend's nemesis before the big game. Are you trying to get yourself actually killed?"

"No, but I can't help but wonder."

"I think you'll soon find out after the game has ended. So let's just be patient and try to find a good seat, one that your boyfriend will be able to see you and be even more motivated to win the game," he smiled.

Steff doesn't know a damn thing, and Kristen surely doesn't have the time to tell me what he did because the game is about to start anyway. The only thing left to do is to sit and wait for the game to be all over.

Sigh.

Great job.

We had gone home and quickly freshened up to get ourselves ready for tonight's game. It all happened in the blink of an eye. My parents had called to let me know that they'd be a bit late for the game; after all, they've never missed a final for their alma mater.