26. The ongoing cravings.

Two weeks and it already feels like hell. It has been two weeks since I broke up with Kristen, and I'm already dying inside and out.

Every day is a painful reminder of what we had, and now it feels like my world is falling apart. Kristen has completely avoided me, and I understand why. He won't even look at me anymore, as if I'm some kind of plague that he wants to stay away from.

Not only is Kristen distant, but the whole school seems to hate me. The twins and Kyle, who used to acknowledge me with friendly gestures, now only say hi without any warmth. I can sense that they're keeping an eye on me, perhaps wondering what went wrong.

What's even weirder is that ever since Kristen and I broke up, Maria has been hanging around the guys as if she's the new hot thing. I haven't seen her with Scott, which was the main reason for my decision to break up with Kristen. It feels like a twisted irony.

But the strangest part is that Maria only talks to me when we're at home. It's as if she's avoiding any public association with me. It's confusing and frustrating.

To make matters worse, Scott hasn't been to school for the past week, so I haven't had the chance to talk to him about Maria and the situation. Every time I bring it up, she brushes it off as if it's nothing important.

Thankfully, Steff has been my rock throughout all the hateful glares and uncalled-for comments. I don't know what I would do without him. His support means everything to me.

Every day, I find myself longing to see Kristen's face, to hold him and kiss him. My heart aches for his bossy yet loving and caring demeanor. I miss him more than words can express.

"I'm your best friend, Anna, the least you could do is tell me what made you decide to break up with Kristen," I heard Steff ask me countless times this week.

"Why can't you just leave it alone?" I snapped, feeling the weight of my emotions.

"Because I knew you really liked him, and he felt the same way. I could see the change in him, and now he's as cold as ice. And if there's one thing I know about you, Anna, it's that there's always a reason behind everything you do."

"Well, there isn't a reasonable explanation this time... Do you think he hates me?" I couldn't help but let my insecurities come forth, my voice trembling.

"I can't say for sure," Steff replied gently, choosing his words carefully.

"Why can't you?" I piped up anxiously, desperate to know the answer.

"Because I don't think it's fair for me to inform you about Kristen. This is a very sensitive subject for you," he said, his tone filled with both concern and caution.

"No, it's not," I replied stubbornly, my heart yearning for Kristen's presence.

"I can see that you really do miss him. Why don't you go say hi?" Steff suggested.

"Are you crazy? I just broke up with him. I'm sure I'm not his favorite person at the moment," I retorted, my emotions conflicting within me.

"Well, I think you should. You're the first person I've seen him be a completely different person around. It's weird, but in a good way," Steff encouraged, trying to lift my spirits.

"Just forget it. I'm hungry, and I'm going to grab something from the cafeteria and head outside," I declared, my mind drifting back to the events of the other day.

"Here, after the cafeteria's food left you feeling sick, it was decided that you won't be eating from there again until it's considered safe," Steff informed, handing me a lunch pack.

"You really are a gentleman," I sighed, grateful for the food Steff brought for me.

Yesterday, after eating at the cafeteria, I spent the entire day in the bathroom, plagued by a nauseating stomach. One thing was certain... those cafeteria ladies definitely got what they wanted, making me sick and seeking revenge for hurting their precious Kristen. Petty old bats!

We were quietly eating lunch outside when we heard the familiar voice of Regina, filled with malice and triumph.

"I told you he would throw you away like the trash you are after he got what he wanted. Such a shame. I did warn you," Regina taunted, her posse standing proudly behind her.

"Have you had your fun now, Regina?" I mustered the strength to reply, my voice filled with defiance.

"Of course not. This is only the beginning. We can finally be together again without you getting in the way," Regina sneered, reveling in her victory.

"Drop it, Regina. Clearly, Anna wasn't the reason why Kristen didn't want you. It's been two weeks since they've broken up, and he still hasn't spared you a glance. Now, flee," Steff intervened, shooing her away. His words brought a surge of joy to my heart.

"Mark my words, Steffon. You're gonna pay for this!" Regina angrily yelled while storming off.

"Let's get to class. Maybe you'll feel better being around Kristen," Steff teased, trying to lighten the mood. The truth was, being near Kristen and not being able to touch him drove me crazy, but I couldn't let him know that.

Great, now I'll have to go back into that godforsaken place and be glared at by everyone.

"Here's your stop. Remember, just say hi. He won't bite," Steff joked again, and this time I glared at him.

The moment I stepped inside Mr. Greenwood's class, I could feel Kristen's eyes on the side of my head. I hurriedly made my way to the far left at the front and sat down. The overwhelming feeling of being watched by the one I yearned to be with consumed me.
..........

It was almost the end of our period, and I could still feel Kristen's piercing gaze burning into the back of my head, making it nearly impossible to concentrate on my work. The weight of his presence lingered in the air, taunting me.

Steff's words echoed in my mind. I could say hi, couldn't I? It didn't mean we were going to get back together... unfortunately.

As the bell rang, snapping me out of my thoughts, I hastily gathered my books, in a rush to escape the classroom. In my haste, I accidentally bumped into someone.

To my shock, as I looked up, I found myself staring into the eyes of the boy I once loved.

"Oh... hi," I stammered, barely audible, after a moment of intense eye contact with Kristen's emotionless eyes.

He stood there, staring into my eyes for a brief moment before coldly ignoring me and storming off. My chest constricted at the sight, and I stood frozen in place as everyone else filed out of the classroom.

He hates me, and it's all my fault.

"Hey, Anna, I've been searching for you everywhere... what's wrong?" Steff's concerned voice broke through my despair.

"He hates me, and it's all my fault," I whispered to Steff, collapsing into his arms, tears streaming down my face.

I couldn't contain my sorrow any longer. It overwhelmed me, consuming my every thought and emotion. Was this the pain that Kristen felt when I foolishly broke up with him?

"I've got you," Steff whispered gently, his arms wrapped around me, offering solace in my darkest moment.

************
Here's another one!💋💜

It's tearing me inside just seeing Kristen and Anna apart.

Hope you enjoy!

Vote♥
Comment 💬
Share📣