27.Spa treat to remember.

"Happy birthday!" a choir consisting of my mom, dad, Antonio, Vicky, and Steff sang out, their voices comically off-key.

"Go away," I groaned, rolling over to the other side of my bed, hoping to find some semblance of peace. But of course, they were determined to prove me wrong and turn my morning into a chaotic mess.

"Wakey, wakey, birthday girl! Today's your big day!" Dad yelled, pulling open the curtains and effectively ruining any chance of a peaceful morning. He always loved to celebrate birthdays.

"Just five more minutes, and then we can celebrate my birthday," I groaned, burying myself further under the covers.

"Remember, you won't be here for too long, so we'll take what we can get before you leave. No delays, hun," Mom reminded me. "Plus, I baked your favorite chocolate cake!" she teased, dangling the enticing treat in front of me. I wasted no time in lunging for it, taking a massive bite.

"Hey, I want some too!" Antonio protested.

"Here you go," I replied, shoving a slice of cake into his mouth.

"Anna, you're making us late. I suggest you get your lazy butt up and let's go!" Steff whisper-yelled into my left ear.

"We're just going to leave you alone now," Mom mumbled awkwardly before she, Dad, Antonio, and Vicky exited the room.

"Where's Maria?" I asked, noticing her absence in the birthday wishes.

"Remember, it's a school day," Steff shrugged.

"Oh... okay," I sighed, disappointed that she wasn't there to wish me. The least she could have done was leave a note or a message. It's bad enough that Kristen doesn't even care!

"I have a surprise for you, and it's going to blow your mind. You'll love me for this," Steff said, piquing my curiosity.

"What's going to blow my mind? You know I hate surprises. They make me anxious," I admitted.

"You'll find out soon enough. These two days are going to be the best days of your life," he brushed it off as if it was nothing.

My family and friends had planned one hell of a party to celebrate my eighteenth birthday. I declined right away, knowing that I wasn't the type to socialize or be around crowds of people. Besides, I was definitely not in the mood for celebrating, considering everything that had happened with Kristen.

I and Steff had planned a simple spa retreat for two days, just to get away and relax without any interference.

Of course, it took a lot of pleading to convince my father, who was against the idea of a boy staying with me at a faraway resort.

"It's a five-hour trip, Anna. We need to leave by 1PM at the latest," Steff reminded me, snapping me out of my daze.

"I know, I know," I sighed, feeling exhausted. "I made sure to pack before I went to bed. There's no need to rush." I gestured to the left side of my room where my luggage was neatly placed on the sofa.

"Good. So, I need to make some quick changes, and you need to take a bath," he replied, pushing me inside the bathroom before I could protest.

After a hurried half-hour bath, I quickly got out of the shower and dressed for the day ahead. Stepping out of the bathroom, I was surprised to find the bed made and breakfast waiting for me, with my luggage already gone.

I ate my breakfast while making my way downstairs, where I discovered that Steff had packed my luggage in his car, and Dad had taken Antonio to school.

"Have fun, sweetie, but not too much fun, or else your father would go ballistic. And remember to call me if there's anything you may need," Mom laughed, giving me a tight hug.

"I promise I won't have too much fun," I chuckled, hugging her and Vicky tightly in return.

After bidding them goodbye, we got into Steff's car and began our journey to the spa retreat we had booked for the next two days.

"Do you think there are going to be naked women?" Steff suddenly blurted out, breaking the silence in the car.

"Really? You're thinking of hitting on naked women on my birthday?" I responded, a hint of annoyance in my voice.

"If you wanted me to hit on you, you could've just asked. I mean, I could always hit on them tomorrow?" Steff retorted with a mischievous grin.

I chose to ignore his silly remark and glanced at my phone, only to find multiple text messages from friends and family, but none from the one person I truly considered my knight in shining armor.

"If you're looking for Kristen to call, that won't happen. He's probably off somewhere doing something ridiculous, as usual," Steff commented. "I still can't understand why you left him if you didn't really want to."

"I thought I was doing the right thing at the time," I muttered, feeling a mix of regret and confusion.

"What did you hope to accomplish? I mean, I understand not wanting to get hurt, but I can't grasp why you would leave and then regret it," Steff probed.

"Well...you remember when you saw Scott and me at the restaurant the other day? Well, he kind of convinced me to break up with Kristen," I confessed.

Thankfully, I was wearing my seat belt when I felt the car come to a sudden halt.

"Why would he convince you to break up with Kristen? That doesn't make any sense. But more importantly, are you two together now?" Steff asked, his voice filled with concern.

"What? No!" I exclaimed, feeling a mix of frustration and hurt. "I can't believe you would think so low of me. He just said some things that made sense at the time."

"Go on, what did he say?" Steff urged, his eyes fixed on me.

"Well, Regina has been tormenting Maria and Scott about Kristen and me being together. She wouldn't have let Maria and Scott be together if Kristen and I were still a couple. And he also said that Kristen would eventually dump me once he got what he wanted. So, that's why I broke up with Kristen," I finished, feeling foolish and regretful.

"Why didn't you come to me, your best friend, like you normally would before doing something so foolish?" Steff questioned, a tinge of disappointment in his voice.

"Because he said I should keep it a secret, and it didn't seem like a foolish idea at the time," I admitted, cringing at my own naivety. "Do you think I'm stupid?" I asked, my voice filled with self-doubt.

"No, just naive and clueless," Steff replied, his tone softening.

"Hey, I'm not naive or clueless!" I protested, feeling offended by Steff's remark.

"Well, look on the bright side. You're single now, and there are plenty of single guys looking to have a good time tonight. Maybe you'll meet someone new and actually have some fun," he replied, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

"Ew, that's not funny," I cringed at his suggestion.

"Well, you're saying that now, but wait until you're actually there," he teased. "Speaking of which, here we are."

I looked out the window and gasped in awe as I saw the breathtaking tropical beach that looked even more beautiful than it did in the pictures.

"Oh my gosh, it's even more stunning than I imagined!" I exclaimed, feeling a surge of excitement.

"We've got paradise all to ourselves for the next two days," Steff said, his eyes wandering off in a rather distracted manner, presumably at the massage therapist nearby.

"You're such a pig," I chuckled, shaking my head at his antics.

"Let's make the most of it and enjoy this blissful getaway," he declared, a mischievous smile playing on his lips.

***************

What are your intake on Anna and Kristen?

Remember to hit that vote button and comment!!!😍😘

Vote ♥
Comment 💬
Share📣📣

Love you lots💋💞