39. The truth part 1.

..............previously.............

The moment Kristen brought me inside the guest room and tossed me onto the bed, a surge of anger coursed through me. I immediately pushed myself off, knowing full well he was in for a reckoning. I hoped Maria hadn't planted any hidden cameras in this particular room.

"My mind might be clouded right now, Kristen, but I demand answers this instant," I glared at him, my gaze filled with intensity.

"Bella, I've already told you that I won't drag you into this," he asserted dominantly, crossing his arms over his chest. But he had another thing coming.

"Well, I took matters into my own hands and guess what? I found something," I said, holding up my phone to display the contents to him.

While I was exploring my father's secret hideout, I stumbled upon documents that had my aunt, uncle, and Maria's names on them. It immediately caught my attention, so I discreetly snapped photos of the documents before that irritating rodent interrupted.

"Where did you find this?" he questioned me, his tone filled with curiosity.

"I found it among my father's documents," I informed him, watching as he groaned and pulled out his phone.

"What are you doing?" I frowned, perplexed, as he started texting rapidly on his phone.

"Buying us some time," he responded, his actions clearly driven by urgency.

"Is it true? Did Maria and her parents extort money from my dad and have Antonio kidnapped?" I asked, my breath quickening. I knew what the answer would be, but a part of me wished it wasn't true.

"Yes," he confirmed.

My emotions became a swirling mix. I yearned for revenge, yet tears threatened to escape. I quickly wiped away the solitary tear that slid down my cheek.

"I have something to tell you," Kristen said, cupping my face and kissing away the tears.

"I hope it's not something dreadful," I whispered to him, a sense of worry settling in.

A concerned expression appeared on his face, confirming my fears that it was indeed something bad. "I need you to pretend to have sex with me," he revealed.

"What... How could you think about sex at a time like this?" I questioned, a mix of desire and the pressing issue at hand conflicting within me.

"We're just pretending," he reiterated, attempting to reassure me.

"But why do we have to pretend to have sex?" I asked, feeling lost and confused.

"I'll explain it to you later," he replied, his eyes filled with a hidden secret.

"Listen, I've been dating Maria for a week now to gather information about your brother," he confessed, causing me to shove him and glare, filled with disbelief. "I can't believe you!"

He attempted to give me his most puppy-eyed expression, but I wouldn't succumb to it. "I'm sorry, and I know I should have told you earlier. I'll accept any punishment afterward. Please, just pretend that you know nothing about it," he pleaded, and I sighed in resignation.

He was doing it for a noble cause, but the least he could have done was let me in on the plan. Although I would likely unleash my fury on Maria sooner rather than later.

"Okay, just tell me one thing... Did you two... kiss?" I blushed, averting my gaze.

"Yes," he answered.

I turned around and glared at him. "You didn't have to be so damn blunt!" I gritted out, my jealousy flaring up. Not because I asked!

"To make you feel better, I now brush my teeth seven times a day. She's terrible at kissing," he gagged, causing me to laugh.