37. No more.

"Is this true?" I questioned Kristen, my voice trembling with fear of what she might say next. I held up my hand before she could speak, my heart pounding in my chest. "Choose your words carefully."

"Yes, it is," she responded after a seemingly endless minute, and my heart shattered into a thousand pieces.

Everything inside me broke apart, leaving me feeling empty and vulnerable. My body began to tremble violently, the physical manifestation of the overwhelming pain I felt. Tears cascaded down my face, unstoppable and uncontrollable, as despair washed over me.

"How could you?" I turned to Kristen, my voice barely a whisper, but filled with anguish. It wasn't just the fact that Maria might have stolen my boyfriend; it was the crushing realization that Kristen had shattered the trust I had placed in her.

"You promised me, and I trusted you," I managed to say, my voice laced with a mix of hurt and disbelief.

Silence.

I couldn't bear her silence any longer. "Say something, damn it!" I yelled at her, my voice a desperate plea for some form of explanation or remorse.

She stood there, looking at me blankly, her face devoid of any visible emotions. It was as if her apathy was a dagger twisting deeper into my wounded heart.

I felt myself crumble into a hundred pieces, the pain overwhelming and unbearable. I instinctively clutched my chest, trying to steady my racing breaths, but the ache inside me persisted.

"I... I thought you loved me. We just made love," I said, my voice quivering with a mix of vulnerability and accusation.

I locked my gaze with hers, desperately seeking any trace of the love and connection we once shared. But all I received in return was silence, an agonizing void that echoed my inner turmoil.

"Yeah, about that... We were just playing around, you know, him, me, and the guys. We wanted to see how quickly you would lose your virginity. I guess I won; it only took one day," she teased, her smirk twisting the knife deeper into my wounded heart.

"How could you?" I turned towards her, my glare fueled by a combination of anger, hurt, and betrayal.

My hand instinctively rose, ready to deliver a stinging slap to her face, but before I could, Kristen held my hand, pushing it back forcefully. The shock of his action intensified my emotional turmoil, adding another layer of confusion and pain.

"Don't you dare hit my girlfriend," he said, his words cutting through me like a blade. I took a few steps back, his glare crushing my spirit, as I struggled to comprehend his defense of her.

"What? It's not like I didn't warn you, and no offense, but you're not even Kristen's type," she smirked from behind him, her words a mocking reminder of my vulnerability and misplaced trust.

.........Flashback1......

"Look, he's been with plenty of girls before, and yet Regina and Kristen have always gotten back together in the end after he got what he wanted," she said, her hand gently resting on my shoulders, her voice tinged with concern. "It's just a matter of time before he does the same thing to you. I'm only trying to protect you, Anna... think about it," she pleaded, her face showing genuine worry.

.......Flashback2.......

"It's complicated enough, Anna, so please do us all a favor and leave Kristen. He's only going to discard you in the end after he gets what he wants. I can't believe you'd be this selfish and make us all suffer for someone who's not even yours," she said, her voice filled with frustration and sadness, the weight of her words hanging heavily in the air.

.......Flashback3.......

"What's my problem? You're the one walking around like a goody-two-shoes, always Anna this, Anna that," she angrily mocked, her voice laced with bitterness. "You're nothing but a hypocrite. How would you feel if someone stole your boyfriend, huh? If you were a good person, you'd leave Kristen and stop being a selfish brat, tearing the two of them apart," she gritted, her words cutting through the air with a mix of anger and resentment.

"What about Scott?" I asked her, my voice filled with desperation. "I thought you liked him?" I needed answers, hoping she would provide some clarity.

"Yeah, well, that didn't work out. I guess you could say he wasn't my type after all," she shrugged dismissively. "Look at it this way, Kristen and I were meant to be together," she said, her smile directed at him, an unsettling sense of satisfaction in her eyes.

"You're my own blood. We're supposed to look out for each other!" I shouted, my voice trembling with a mix of anger and hurt. I hoped that my words would penetrate her, that she would remember the bond we shared.

"I warned you plenty of times, Anna. Maybe if you had listened to me, all of this could've been avoided," she smirked at me, her expression filled with malice. In that moment, I saw the ugliness that had been hidden beneath the surface all this time.

I turned my attention back to Kristen, desperately hoping for some sign of remorse or explanation. But he just stood there, a smirk playing on his lips, as he looked away to Maria, his gaze fixated on her as if she were the most beautiful thing he had ever laid his eyes on. Maria's smile in response only added to my torment.

"Get out!" I screamed, anger and frustration surging through me, mingling with the tears streaming down my face.

"No need to be so dramatic. We were about to leave anyway," she said nonchalantly, gripping Kristen's hand tightly and pulling him along with her.

"Get the fuck out!" I screamed even louder, my voice filled with a mix of rage and desperation, wishing they would vanish from my sight in an instant. To hell with them!

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

I lay in bed, hours slipping away as a void settled within me. The tears had ceased, leaving behind an empty numbness.

My mind felt devoid of direction, unsure of what to do next. First Antonio, and now Kristen-betrayals from both my romantic partner and my own family.

How could I have been so blind? Was I foolish to believe that Kristen and I could be together without encountering any obstacles or troubles? The warnings I received echoed in my mind, reminding me of my failure to heed them.

Now, I felt a profound sense of emptiness. While my parents had each other, I had no one. It seemed my life held no value, and I despised this reality.

Revenge started to consume my thoughts, dangling tantalizingly close. If something were to happen to me, perhaps they would finally come to realize my worth.

Maybe in death, I would find the love and attention I so desperately craved. It was a harsh realization that you truly never appreciate what you have until it's all gone.

Maria would face the consequences. I vowed to make her pay for her actions, to find my beloved brother Antonio and seek justice.

With a heavy heart, I remained in bed, dreading the haunting nightmares that awaited me. Everything seemed to be unraveling, and I could only hope that someday it would all fall back into place.

A sigh escaped my lips, the weight of uncertainty hanging heavy in the air. Only time held the answers.

Before long, a voice called out my name, "Anna... Anna... Anna!" Yet, my body felt numb and unresponsive, as if surrendering to the beckoning darkness. I welcomed it with a strange sense of relief.

Love, it seemed, had forsaken me.

***********

I surely hope Anna's ok😨😨😨😨😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭.

Who would think Kristen betray Anna with Maria of all persons 😥😩😢

Tell me what you think about this chapter.

Remember to click on the button down below!

See you lovelies next time!😍😘

👇