35. Clouded.

Warning viewers discretion is advised. This chapter contains sexual contents that is not suitable for children under the age of 16yrs. If your uncomfortable please do not read. You have been warned.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

I heard a noise in the corner of the room and I shrieked out in surprise. Fear gripped me as I quickly scurried to the bed, seeking safety. Peeking up from my hiding spot, I looked around carefully, only to discover that the source of the noise was just a stupid rat.

Frustration and annoyance flooded over me as I tried unsuccessfully to shoo the persistent rodent away. "Shoo, shoo," I pleaded, my voice filled with exasperation. What had I gotten myself into? I groaned, feeling overwhelmed.

Aware of the urgency to escape before Kristen arrived, I scanned the room, desperately searching for something I could use to get rid of the pesky rat.

Thankfully, I spotted a notebook on the bed and hurled it toward the rat. To my surprise, instead of hitting the wall, it opened up another passage. Curiosity consumed me, and despite the dangers, I decided to venture into the unknown.

My mind raced with questions as I wondered why my Dad had so many secret passages. With each step forward, the path illuminated before me, guiding my way. After walking for what seemed like an eternity, I reached a door at the end.

Gathering my courage, I pulled the handle and pushed with all my might, revealing a breathtaking sight—a lush expanse of trees. The realization struck me that I had emerged into the backyard.

The warm sunlight cascaded upon my face, forcing me to squint as I reconnected with the outside world. Joy surged within me, and I couldn't help but jump up and down, relishing the freedom I had sorely missed. In that moment, I felt a sense of relief and liberation, knowing there were no guards in sight.

The cool breeze brushed against my skin, offering a refreshing respite. However, amidst the exhilaration, the weight of my choices pressed upon me. If I continued my quest to find Antonio, I would risk Kristen's wrath upon my return. I pondered my options, feeling torn between my desires and the consequences that awaited me.

Taking a deep sigh, I acknowledged that the gate lay a considerable distance away. The guards would likely catch up to me and bring me back into confinement. Yet, I reasoned it was a risk worth taking. Determination surged through me as I pressed myself against the wall and turned to my right, ready to make a daring escape.

"Hey you!" a guard's voice boomed behind me, setting my plan into motion. Adrenaline coursed through my veins as I sprinted toward the gates, hearing the thunderous footsteps of the pursuing guards growing closer. Victory was within reach as I neared the gate, but suddenly, one of the guards leaped at me, thwarting my escape.

"Hey, put me down!" I shouted, frustration and anger evident in my voice. I tried to reason with them, threatening to bring my father into the picture. Confusion filled their voices as they questioned how I had managed to go unnoticed for so long. "I don't know, maybe she climbed down from her room or something," one of them speculated.

Defiantly, I claimed, "I came right through the front door!" But my lie was met with laughter from the guard carrying me. My irritation grew as he mocked me, his amusement filling the air. Frustration laced my words as I retorted, "I can tell you're not the smartest."

He went on, "Am sure your boyfriend thinks otherwise," and I froze, gulping down the large lump that had just developed in my throat.

I asked him, my breathing becoming unsteady, "W..what are you talking about?"