22. Ditching school.

"I think he's way out of your league, and you should dump him," Maria spoke out of nowhere, eyeing me with concern. "I mean, come on, he's in love with Regina, for crying out loud. He's bound to dump you anytime soon and get back with her," she finished, trying to appear sympathetic.

After the party had ended last night, Maria came to apologize for what happened. She explained that she was just frustrated with things not working out with Scott, which I understood. Perhaps I should talk to Kristen about it.

"You think so?" I asked, insecurities instantly flooding my mind. "I wouldn't go as far as to say he's in love with her. It was just a fling," I tried to defend.

"Look, he's been with plenty of girls before, and yet Regina and Kristen have always gotten back together in the end after he got what he wanted," she explained, placing her hand on my shoulder. "It's just a matter of time before he does the same thing to you. I'm only trying to protect you, Anna... think about it," she said with a concerned face before walking away.

"You shouldn't listen to her, you know. She's a very jealous and bitter girl," Vicky said, stepping into my room after Maria had disappeared. "Follow your own heart, child. You might end up regretting it in the end."

"But what if I follow my heart and end up getting hurt?" I asked, my voice filled with uncertainty.

"Well, no one knows what might happen," Vicky shrugged. "Anyway, I didn't come here just to talk about matters of the heart. I want the full scoop about Kristen!" she exclaimed, her eyes lighting up with curiosity. I was relieved to share how I felt for the first time in the next half hour.

"We made out!" I squealed excitedly.

"Tell me everything!"

                      •°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Regina, what is it now?" I asked, feeling aggravated with her constant pestering over the past month. She just couldn't get over the fact that Kristen no longer wanted her and had moved on with me.

"I want you to stay the hell away from Kristen," she demanded, though her conviction seemed to waver this time.

"Can't you just get over the fact that he no longer wants you!" I screamed in frustration.

Hurt flashed across her overdone features, her eyes darting around the hallway, avoiding direct eye contact with me. Then, her gaze fixated on something, and her eyes widened significantly. Before I could turn around to see what had caught her attention, her hand angrily made contact with my face.

"Kristen will always need me, you just wait and see. I'll have him begging to get back with me by the end of this month," she smirked, flipping her hair and strutting away.

"And what if he doesn't? What will you do then?" I smirked, knowing I was absolutely right.

"Simple, I'll make your life a living hell," she replied viciously. "Just do yourself a favor and leave him because you're clearly not worth it," she spat, before walking away.

I sighed, leaning my back against the wall. The best moments of my pathetic life were the ones I spent with Kristen. Would I throw that away just because of some stupid insecurities? Or because Regina said so?

Quickly wiping away the tear that threatened to spill, I ran off in the direction of the bathroom before Kristen or the others could see me foolishly crying over something so trivial.

Why can't I just be strong like the others!

"I did warn you," Maria said, handing me a piece of paper cloth to wipe my eyes. "Between you and me, I think you deserved it. It really shows how pathetic you are. Regina's always humiliating you in front of everyone, and even knowing she's right about everything, the only thing you're left to do is run off to Kristen about it just so he'll stop his loving girlfriend from hurting you," she mocked, openly disregarding my tears pouring down.