38. The Big surprise.

I lay in the hospital bed, my gaze drifting into space, as I observed the dynamics unfolding around me. Marco's glares pierced through me, while Maria and Maurice were engrossed in their phones. Vicky sat by my side, deep in prayer.

Mom and Dad's plane had landed a few hours ago, as they made their way back from a business meeting. They were due to arrive at noon, accompanied by several family members, planning a grand surprise.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I shot back at Marco, annoyance etching across my face.

"You know what you did, so don't play innocent!" he yelled, his frustration palpable.

What was he rambling about now? Did I intentionally put myself in this hospital bed out of spite? No. Did I want to be here? Absolutely not. So, what was he talking about? Wasn't it enough that I was already in a hospital?

"What did I do?" I frowned, genuinely puzzled.

He exchanged a glance with Maria before speaking, "You almost got us killed!" he exaggerated, his words dripping with resentment.

Ah, so that's what he was referring to.

"No, I did not. If you had just told me what I wanted to hear from the beginning, none of that would've happened," I retorted, defending myself.

"Well then, little miss nosy, if you had just waited for us to tell you, we wouldn't have to deal with a psycho on our backs," he motioned towards himself and Maurice, who seemed unfazed by the entire situation.

"It could've been worse. I mean, look at Steff. Compared to him, you guys got off pretty easily," I tried to lighten the mood with a joke, but Marco remained unamused.

"It's not funny," he snapped, his tone stern.

"Enough with this nonsense! She needs rest, and none of this is helping," Vicky interjected, gesturing between us.

"Why do I have to be here? Clearly, there's nothing wrong with her. Can I please go?" Maria asked dismissively, her attention quickly returning to her phone.

"No, the doctor said Anna's blood pressure has dropped too low, likely due to her longing for Antonio. She needs all the support she can get," Vicky asserted firmly.

"I have to leave by 5 pm sharp. Kristy said he has a surprise for me at home!" Maria taunted, flipping her hair, and my stomach churned at the nickname she gave Kristen. Good Lord.

"I'm sure the doctor will discharge her to go home soon enough," Vicky glared in Maria's direction.

And I glared alongside her. Very soon, I vowed, I would confront Maria and give her a taste of her own medicine.

"This is not over until I get my revenge," Marco whispered, his voice filled with determination and anger, as he leaned closer to my ear.

"Let's see about that. I'm sure you wouldn't want a second chance at death with the person who nearly killed you the first time," I retorted, trying to match his intensity, while feeling a mixture of defiance and fear.

He shot me another intense glare before returning to his seat, muttering profanities under his breath. The tension between us was palpable, and I couldn't help but feel a sense of unease.

Just then, the door swung open, and the doctor entered the room, his gaze fixed on my charts. "How are you feeling, Anna?" he asked, his voice tinged with concern as he assessed my condition.

"Nauseous," I replied, my voice laced with exhaustion and frustration, as I glanced at Maria, seeking some support amidst the turmoil.

"Besides the nausea, how are you feeling?" he inquired, his eyes shifting between me and Maria, searching for any signs of distress.

"Fine," I sighed, a mix of weariness and resignation in my voice, as I contemplated the events that had unfolded. I knew that this ordeal would soon be over, but the scars it left would take time to heal. The doctor, a tall and handsome man, towered over me as he reviewed my charts, his presence both comforting and unsettling.

"I have some wonderful news for you. You're now free to go home!" he announced, a note of triumph in his voice. I wondered if that was the signal, a sign that this nightmare would finally come to an end.

Tears welled up in my eyes, a surge of relief and gratitude washing over me. "You're saying it's okay for me to go home?" I asked, my voice trembling with a mix of hope and disbelief.

"Yes," he confirmed, his words bringing immense relief, like a weight being lifted off my shoulders.

You might think I was being overly dramatic, but in the end, it was all worth it. I mustered the strength to push off the bed, briefly hugging the doctor before dashing through the door, my heart filled with a renewed sense of freedom.

"What a drama queen," I heard Maria mutter, her words stinging amidst the backdrop of my joyous moment. But I paid no attention to her comment. I was determined to savor this newfound liberation.

As I stepped outside, the sunlight felt warm against my skin, a welcome embrace after the confines of the hospital walls. I made a quick stop at the bathroom to change, shedding the hospital gown for my own clothes, symbolizing a fresh start.

The car ride back home felt agonizingly slow, every passing second a reminder of the distance between the life I had left behind and the uncertain future ahead. Maurice was behind the wheel, navigating the roads, and all five of us were crammed inside, our emotions running high.

Finally, the car pulled up to the estate, and my hands trembled with anticipation as I reached for the door handle. I longed to step foot inside, to be reunited with my family, and to find solace in their embrace.

With a push, the door swung open, revealing the culmination of our plan. It was finally time.

"Anna!" I heard my baby brother Antonio's voice, filled with excitement and relief, as he came running toward me. I swiftly dropped down to my knees, embracing him tightly, overwhelmed with a mixture of love and longing.

"I missed you so much. Don't you ever leave me again!" I whispered, tears streaming down my face, a bittersweet blend of joy and sorrow. Everything would be fine now that my brother was here.

"Anna, I can't breathe," Antonio whispered, his voice filled with both excitement and a hint of fear. I loosened my grip on him slightly, but still held onto him tightly, not wanting to let go. His smile quickly faded, replaced by a look of apprehension.

Confusion washed over me as I followed his gaze, trying to understand what had frightened him. Then, it all fell into place. Standing beside me was Maria, wearing a bewildered expression, seemingly caught off guard by the situation.

I looked around, taking in the faces of those present. Mom and Dad wore expressions of concern and relief, their love evident in their eyes. Aunt Talia, Uncle Jimmy, Kristen, Kyle, and Steff stood nearby.

I'm glad they were all here, who knew pretending could wear a girl out this much!

***************

What the heck just happened?!!!😨😨😨😨 And how did they find Antonio?!

Stay tuned to find out all the juicy drama to come!😄😀

See you next time!🤗💕💞💋

Remember to click the button down below!

👇