Glass Bottle

Josephine's POV

It's been around 6 hours now since I last saw Hero, since anyone saw Hero actually. I've searched every where now and he's no where to be found. Once everyone else has gone to there hotel rooms or are asleep I sneak out of mine and leave the hotel. I make my way to the pond and pray that he is here, this is my last hope now.

He's ignored every single one of my 23 calls and 57 messages. He hasn't even read the messages which makes me kind of anxious, what if someone stole his phone. Maybe someone kidnapped him, I doubt someone would be able to since he's quite heavy and would probably put up a fight.

I pick up my speed once I see the familiar track leading to the bench that he would be at if he's here. The sky is a blanket of darkness and there is only one light that is a few yard away making it difficult to see anything.

A shadow comes into view and I almost run over to the bench. My blood boils when I see Hero hunched over rocking back and forth slightly. A bottle of vodka in his hand and multiple bottles scattered on the floor around him.

"You do fucking know that you are in public." I tell at him. Everything I feel for him is replaced with anger.

"Chill out, it's just a few drinks. Everyone drinks." He slurs his words, I can barely understand what he is even saying. "Get the fuck up" I try to hide my shaking voice, it's not shaking because I'm upset it's because I'm so pissed of with him. I could cry with anger right now. I was worried about him all day yet here he is without a worry drinking.

"You're fucking sick. I was worried sick about you." I want to shout at him but I don't have the energy to.

"Hm." He murmurs, I don't know whether he can't speak or if he's just being an aragont piece of shit. "I didn't ask you to come find me or be worried." He's definitely the second.

"Find your own fucking way home. I truly hope that you make it home safely." I spit at him as I storm away from him, leaving him alone at the side of a pond.

Hero's POV

The air is cold against my skin, there is a coil breeze which gets stronger every now and again. The wind is pretty tame. I watch as the water ripples every now and again, it's calming. I grab the neck of my bottle and take another swig. My throat hurts and is burning, so is my lungs but I don't care anymore, the amount of alcohol I've consumed over the past few hours has made me feel somewhat numb mentally and physically. I can't move.

The only thing I can move is my arm to lift the bottle when I want to feel the pain go away. I try to move my legs so I can stand but I don't feel strong enough, I feel like my legs are two pieces of uncooked noodles. If I stand or put any pressure on them, they will snap.

I'm hungry now and I'm craving noodles. Where is Josephine when you need her, Josephine her harsh words from earlier start to replay in my mind. I think that she was being quite rude and what she said was uncalled for but I didn't have the energy to argue with her when she was here.

I move my weak arm and switch my phone on. Shit. My battery is on 3 percent, I turn my mobile data on but already I've lost another percentage. I go onto snapchat and try to to type a message to Josephine.

1%

'Please come back. I'm sorry.'

Is what I try to type but it just looks like a bunch of mumbled up letters trying to form themselves into a sentence I groan as I move my thumb to click the send button but just before I press it my phone goes black.

"Fuck!" I shout. The water ripples in many directions and some birds that was hiding in nearby tress flew off in an urgent escape.

I am so fucked. I can't even move my legs, how am I going to walk multiple miles back to set. It's not possible, it's late now, way past midnight so nobody is around. I drag myself up and ignore the soaring pain that is going up my back. I've been sat on the same hard uncomfortable bench for several hours without changing position so I can't even feel my fucking ass right now.

I drag my legs to make my way towards one of the trees on the other side of the park. My legs go weak and I fall to my knees. My chest starts to burn and I feel acid come up my throat. I throw up what I've eaten in the last 24 hours along with a large amount of alcohol.

I get up after a few minutes and continue on with my goal to reach the tree on the other side. Every now and again I stop to be sick but I eventually get there. I set myself another goal to get to the next tree. I see a rabbit jumping but suddenly stills in the tall grass when it sees me. I try not to startle it and continue walking but it scurries off as soon as I start walking again. I can hear a car or two drive by in the distance, sound is kind of blurry. Everything is muffled and my eyes are glazed over making it almost impossible to see. Once I reach the next tree I set myself a goal to get back to the set.

I take a few more steps and throw the glass bottle into the grass. I imagine Josephine cussing me out for littering but right now I don't need alcohol to be dragging me down.