Chapter 1

Disclaimer: The artwork is not mine. It belongs to arikaza_art! There are also going to be grammar mistakes! Please enjoy! :)

        Ruby ran as fast as she could into the dark forest. Her heart was full of anger, frustration, and sadness. The one she truly loved had picked someone else over her. She slowed down when she hear howling not to far from where she was. Ignoring the tears that ran down her face, she pursued where she had heared the howl. She stoped in her tracks when there was a werewolf in front of her. Slowly, Ruby quietly circled around the werewolf not wanting to be heard. Finally, she was behind the werewolf.

 The werewolf had just gotten a kill and was feasting on the dead dear. Ruby launched her out of the position and slashed her scythe forward. The werewolf was stunned and slowed, turning around to see the new challenger. It's eyes stared into Ruby's sad blue eyes. The sadness didn't last long as it was replaced by pure anger. The werewolf stepped back a little, but it was to late Ruby had leaped forward and used her ultimate and decapitated the werewolf. The blood dripped slowly down her scythe. Regaining her consciousness, she looked down the see the headless werewolf.

 She hear a weird noise coming from the forest to the left of her. Creeping towards the noise to see what it was. Ruby put her hands over her ears as a loud screeching sound passed. She was getting closer she picked up her scythe that she drop and followed the noise. The closer she got she realized it was a violin that was being played horribly wrong! From far away she could see a man in a black leather coat playing the violin. The noise was almost unbearable! She decided to confront the man and ask him to stop. Just as she took one step a figure jumped beside her ready to attack. 

She nearly dodged as claws slashed through her hood leaving behind claw marks. Ruby prepared to attack the figure. Suddenly a bullet passed by hit the figure square in the face. Ruby leaned behind a tree and slope down. Holding her breath, she  heard more bullets being fired. One scrape off the tree bark that she was behind. Cursing under her breath, she got up quickly as possible and ran to another tree. As she was running six bullets were shot. Ruby hissed as one of the bullets hit her arm. She held her arm in pain trying to stop the bleeding. 

     "Don't tired to run away demon" yelled a man's voice. Ruby could hear a gun being loaded a footsteps drawing near.

      "Damn!" She thought this was no good. Did that man really think she was a demon? 

     "I am not a demon!" Ruby yelled at the top of her lungs! She instantly cover her mouth and discovered that she did something terribly wrong. She blew her own cover. 

    "Nice try demon, but I'm not stupid" the man said. His voice closer than before. Ruby tired to think of ways to escape, but none popped up. Her arm was bleeding badly as it stained her white shirt. Besides, if she did tired to run she would just be an easy target, seeing that the man could shot pretty far with perfect aim. Ruby slowly got up and picked up her scythe with one hand. The scythe felt heavy, she slowly walked out of her hiding spot. She had to get the man to notice that she was not a demon. Just as she was out a gun was pointed at her forehead. She gasped and stepped back only to trip on a root and fall. She looked up to see the man. She saw shock in his eyes.

     "Sorry, I didn't know that you were a human." " Next time, don't get in my way please." The man said with an ounce of annoyance. Ruby was stunned by his rude comment.

      "Hey, maybe next time you should see who you shot." Ruby yelled as she got up. She looked at the man to see if she knew him, but sadly she didn't. Mumbling under her breath she turned away and walked back.

     "Just where do you think you're going" the man said following her.

      "Home" She replied walking faster. Each time she took a step the pain in her arm followed. The man went passed her stoping her in her tracks. She move to the other side, only to be blocked again.

      "Move please." Ruby groan.

      "Stop moving so that I can help your wound!" The man said bluntly. She stop to look at the man. He was sincere. Sitting down by a nearby tree she held her injured arm. The man sat down beside her and pull out a small first aid kit from his coat. As he was working on her wound she stared at him. He look as if he was around 18 or 19. His looks weren't half bad. She saw a distinct scar on his right eye. She decided not ask him how he got that scar, because it might have been personal. She knew a couple of things to never say to complete stranger, because she hated when people asked her why she wore an eye patch. 

    "Nice scythe" the man said.

    "Thanks" she replied weakly.

    "What is a young girl like you doing out in the middle of a forest with a bloody scythe" he said looking at the blood on the scythe.

   "Hunting werewolves" "You?" Ruby responded. She was a little annoyed with this man.

   "I work for the church to hunt demons" "You can hunt werewolves!" The man said in surprise.

   "Yes, I can and don't judge on my looks" She said. Ruby was getting pissed. "Focus on my wound please and no more questions." The man was about to said something, but decided not to.

GRANGER POV

     Granger still had several questions to ask this girl that he was helping. One look at her face he realized that she was pissed. He would have been pissed to if someone shot him on accident. He was going to ask her why she was crying because he could see the faint tears marks on her cheek. There was a long silence and he didn't like it. The girl had look at him when he helping her.

    "Please don't said anything about my scar" he thought! He never liked to talk about his and didn't like it when people asked him. Luckily the girl did not say anything. He sighed with relief. To break the silence, he asked the girl if he could help her get home. 

     "No, I'm fine I can go by myself" the girl replied.

     "You sure?" You have been injured." Granger said pointing to her arm. He could see her thinking about it.

      "Fine" the girl said holding her scythe as if she wanted him to carry it. Granger grab the scythe only to be surprised that it weighed so much.

    "How do you carry this!" Granger said in shock.

    "A lot of practice and hard work" the girl said walking passed him. As she passed him he could smell a hint of roses. Following the girl as she went home. It took about 30 minutes when they arrived at a small village. The girl stopped and turned back at him.

    "I can carry myself from here" she said holding out her hand. Confused he shook her hand. She let out a small grin.

     "My scythe please" she said still holding out her hand. Granger flushed as he realized his mistake.

     "Sorry" he replied giving back her scythe.

      "It's okay, I'm not really good with communicating to others either" she said taking back her scythe. She waved her hand good bye as he did the same. Watching her disappear into her house. Granger left to go back to the inn that he was going to stay at another village.

This is the end of Chapter One. I hoped you have enjoyed it!

Have a great day! :)