Chapter 2

Disclaimer: the artwork is not mine. Same artist as last time. There will be grammar misatkes :P

    RUBY POV

        Ruby had finally returned to her home. Her body felt completely sore. Placing down her scythe she walked up the stairs. She forgot to thank the man for helping her!

"Oh well maybe I will said thank you when I meet him again, though the chances are going to slim" she thought. Opening the door to her room. She looked back to see her parents room. It had always been empty. Ruby's parents had left her with her grandparents when she was two because they had to go on a trip. Her father was a salesman so he had to travel pretty often. Ruby can't remember her parents faces only her grandparents. The closest person to ever reach father figure was Roger, but after his disappearance and her grandparents gruesome deaths. She was left with no one. To make things worse Alucard had choose to love Miya. Sighing as she changed her clothes into a bed robe. She would have to clean to blood of her white shirt and repair her hood. Ruby decided to do both of them now so that the next day she could relax. Grabbing her clothes, she went downstairs to the bathroom to clean off the blood. After a couple of minutes she hung her shirt outside. Ruby went to the living room and sat on the couch to take out the sewing supplies under the coffee table. While sowing the patches to her hood, Martha came down the stairs.

     "Your finally back, Ruby" Martha yawned. Martha was a widow whose husband had died in the war between light and dark. Ruby decided that she could at her place since no one else was living with her, and beside she need someone to take care of the house while she was gone.

     "Would you like some warm tea Ruby" Martha said walking to the kitchen. Ruby just noticed how dry her mouth and throat were.

     "Yes please" Ruby replied finishing her hood. She put her hood on the coat hanger and sat back down on the couch. The first day that Martha came to her house was really awkward for Ruby. She never really like to chat with other people and small talk just made Ruby cringe. When Ruby show Martha the rooms upstairs, she explained to Martha that she could not sleep in her parents room, while showing the rooms she hoped that Martha would not say anything about her parents absence. As Martha had open her mouth to say something, Ruby instantly stopped her saying that her parents were dead. Martha just nodded and say that so knew how she felt. Ruby apologized for being so blunt and rube to her, but Martha just shrugged it off----

     "RUBY!" Martha screamed almost dropping the tea and waking Ruby up from a daydream.

     "Your arm are you hurt!" She said placing down the tea.

      "No, I'm okay now." Ruby said picking up the tea and drinking it. The warm tea finally brought moisture back into her mouth. Martha was looking at her wound.

      "Whoever helped you with your arm were they a doctor?" Martha said questioning. Ruby shook her head. Not surprised on how Martha knew that someone had helped her with her arm. A couple months after Martha move in she decided to teach Ruby how to properly heal herself. It failed miserably with Ruby having cloth tangled all over her. 

     "You got mail, Ruby" Martha said giving her an envelope. Ruby took the envelope and opened it.

Note:

            Dear Ruby,

Your superior performance in the last match has received you MVP. You had carried your team to victory. The Game Superiors are delighted to say that you will be proceeding to the next match THE GRAND FINALE! We hope to see you there at the Plaza Light. If  you cancel this round you will receive deductions in your paycheck. The game will be next week at 9:00 am on June 24.

                                                                                            Sincerely,

                                                                                                                      Game Superiors    

Ruby knew where the Plaza Light was. The Plaza Light was a luxurious hotel where the game contestants stay during the game. The games rules is to destroy the enemies base. From the victory team the MVP will be chosen to play the next round with the other MVPs. Only in the GRAND FINALE the victory team gets the reward with the MVP getting a trophy. Ruby sighed because she could not go out hunting and getting herself hurt. Looking at her scythe smiling she was going to have to practice a lot.

GRANGER POV

Granger enter the inn that he was going to be staying for the night. The lobby was a bar, it was full of drunk people. This was one thing that Granger hated the most. He was walking quickly to his room, to avoid contact. 

       "Excuse me sir" the bartender said.

        "Great just great" Granger thought as he slowed down. The bartender came out from behind the bar and handed him a letter.

        "This is for you" said the bartender. Granger grabbed the letter from the man's hand.

         "Thanks" he said softly as he continued to walk to his room. He unlock the door to his room and enter. He sat on the bed and opened the note. The note said that he was going to the Grand Finale, and the meeting place was going to be at the Plaza Light. He had no clue where the Plaza was, but it was probably at the City of Light. The games were the ONLY thing that the demons could participate in. Granger groaned as he will probably might be put on the same team with a demon, it would not have bother him much if he was not a demon hunter.  He looked at one of the paintings in his room. The most attracting one was the one with bright red roses. Red! He scowl himself for hurting that young girl in the forest. While helping her bandaged up he saw that his bullet went really deep, it was a good thing that he knew how to properly stop a wound from bleeding. Sighing as he remembered the weird hand shake. Of course she wanted her scythe back! He was going to have to get used to interacting with people. Good thing that she was also socially awkward like him. He brushed his teeth and changed clothes. It was already pretty late and tomorrow he was going to need a lot of energy to practice.

End of Chapter Two

Hoped you enjoyed!

Sorry that I did not put Martha description in the chapter I was lazy :(

So here it is!

Martha has light brown hair with amber eyes. Her body shape is a small pear and her skin tone is pretty tan.

( If you wondering about Ruby's age? Don't worry it's coming up soon!)