Chapter 6

Disclaimer: The artwork is not mine!

GRANGER POV

He quickly turned away from the crowd that was finally realizing who he was. In the corner, of his eyes he saw Ruby pull her hood over her face. She grabbed his leather coat and made her way through the crowd. Granger could hear people cursing as Ruby bumped into them, but after they turned around their jaw was wide opened when they saw him.

       "Are they together?" someone said in the crowd. He found that comment quite amusing. He barely knew anything about Ruby and so did she about him. After what felt like hours making way through the crowd they were able to make it to the other side of the bridge. Ruby let go of his coat and took a deep breath.

        "Thanks for helping get away from the crowd" he whispered. She just smiled as a response. He really need to find another way to thank her and fast.

          "Ruby!" yelled a women's voice from ahead. Ruby quickly turn to see who it was.

          "Hey, Martha" Ruby said jogging over to her. At first Granger thought that the women was her mother, but with one look he could tell that it was a friend. Martha had pretty tan skin compared to Ruby's pale skin. She waved at him to come and meet Martha. He walked slowly to Martha while thinking of ways to start a conversation. 

        "So, you are the one that helped Ruby with her wound right" said Martha looking at him. It took him awhile to realize that she was taking about the arm wound that Ruby had a week ago.

        "Yes, I did help Ruby with her wound it was no big deal though because it was my fault that she got hu-". Before he could finish Ruby jabbed him in the stomach and glared at him. Martha gave a confused look at Ruby.

        "Let the gentleman explain, Ruby" Martha said sighing. As Granger finished his comment he could see that Martha expression change to concerned.

        "Ruby, why did you not tell me that he hurt you" Martha said with a dangerous voice. It hit Granger like a bullet to the head. Ruby had not told Martha that he was the one to shoot her on accident. He just got himself in BIG trouble!

         "Martha, its okay it could be worse" Ruby said trying to reason with Martha as her face grew red with rage. He tried to apologize, but he was too late. Martha did a swift rabbit punch and knocked him out cold.

RUBY POV

         Ruby quickly caught Granger as he fell. "Now what" she thought as she carried Ganger on her shoulder. Martha got out of her rage fit and helped her carry Granger. They both put Granger onto their carriage. Ruby decide that she would drive the carriage. Martha sat in the back with Granger still out. Ruby got the reins and off they went. As they were getting near her village, she could see smoke in the distance. Ruby froze, Martha noticed her discomfort and looked up. Before Martha could hold her back Ruby jumped off the carriage and raced towards her burning village.

       "RUBY!" yelled Martha holding on to the reins, so the horse won't go out of control. Ruby entered the village to see that the council building was on fire. Men were scrambling to get water, and children were crying in their mothers arms. She heard howling the distance she wasted no time and burst into the woods. Ruby ran swiftly towards the howl and slowed down when she was out of breath.

        Panting, Ruby slowly walked to an open area, and saw one of the council members laying in a pool of blood. She checked the surrounding areas before going closer to the body. As she got closer, she could see that the guy had his intestines ripped out. Not puking at the sight because she had seen worse. As she looked at his once normal face that was now covered in scratches. She quickly got up when she heard rustling in a nearby bush. The rustling stopped as she held her scythe. Ruby walked closer to were the rustling was heard. 

         Suddenly a werewolf appeared from the other direction. Had she been too late the werewolf would have her pinned to the ground. Sharp pain was felt in her right arm as blood oozing out. With no backup Ruby had to defend her ground.

        "Good thing it was only 1 vs 1" She thought just as a second werewolf appeared. "Well damn" she thought staring at the werewolves. Ruby noticed that one of the werewolf was quite familiar maybe it was the dark aura it was giving off.

         "Well long time no see, Ruby" the familiar werewolf said showing his hideous teeth stained with blood.

         "THE WEREWOLF WAS" thought Ruby with her heart racing with adrenaline.

Sorry dear readers for a short chapter with a cliff hanger!

I hate cliff hangers too! They are the worst, but hey I am the author,

SO DEAL WITH IT! :)