Chapter 30

Disclaimer: The picture is not mine!

GRANGER POV

Granger took the reins from Ruby. He hoped that Alex would still be at the inn, because if he wasn't then Granger would have to stick with three annoying children longer. Ruby seemed to do better with the kids than him.

     "Hey Granger, what's inside your case" asked Flynn glancing at his violin case.

     "A violin" he replied bluntly.

     "Ohhh, can we see!" exclaimed Nina as she reached out for the violin case.

     "NO!" yelled Granger as he grabbed Nina's hand. The three of them were quiet for awhile until Gavin spoke up.

     "Flynn and Nina, just leave his stuff alone, he going to take us to your older brother, so at the very least respect his property" said Gavin. Flynn snorted as Nina huffed and sat back down. Out of the three, Gavin was the quietest. The silence lasted about ten minutes until Flynn spoke up again.

     "How long have the two of you been together?" questioned Flynn.

     "What do you mean by that!" Ruby sputtered a little too quickly. Granger couldn't help but noticed that Ruby was blushing slightly.

      "Well, I mean how long you have been working together, what else?" Flynn replied with a grin.

      "Oh, than only for a month now" Ruby responded less worried than before. 

      "ONLY FOR A MONTH! I thought that you guys were together longer than that" shouted Nina in surprise.

     "Why would you think that" asked Granger curiosity. Nina thought for a moment before responding.

     "Well, you two seem close and you guys work great with each other" Nina replied happy with her answer. Granger was stunned by that response and looked at Ruby. She glanced at him and turned away blushing. He didn't really think that he was that close with Ruby, but at the same time  he really loved her. Granger couldn't read Ruby's thoughts and he didn't want to be rejected again like last time. Thinking about the reject made his heart hurt. Shaking the thought out of his head and focused on the road. He tried his best to keep his cool during the ride as the kids began playing a game that involved a lot of talking. Even Ruby joined in the game. The game was when they started with a in the alphabet and listed all the words that began with the letter A until they can't think of anymore words that start with A and continue to the next letter. Right now they were on the halfway through the letter D.

     "Disaster" Flynn said.

     "Date" Nina squealed.

     "Direct" said Gavin.

     "Discomfort" Ruby answered.

      "Debate" Flynn continued.

      "Darkness" Nina chirped.

       "Dull" Gavin said. It was Ruby's turn, but she was still thinking about a word. Granger decide to help her out.

       "Death" he said. Everyone looked at him in shook.

        "O-okay, so do you want to join" Flynn asked warily.

       "No, I just helping out Ruby" replied Granger.

       "That's no fair! Helped me too if I get stuck" begged Nina. Granger sighed.

       "Sure, I will help you three, but only for three turns then I'm not going to help, understand" Granger responded. They agreed and continued to play the game. Luckily, they didn't ask for his help often.

       "We are almost at the inn" Granger said as he turned the carriage. Nina became quiet while rocking back excitingly.  The inn was finally in view and Nina was squealing with joy, as she grabbed Flynn's collar and yanked him towards her and giving him a tight hug. Gavin began to laugh as Flynn was in the process of losing his breath. Granger couldn't help, but grin. Ruby nudged him in the side and smiled. Her smile made his heart flutter. The kids quickly jumped off the carriage when it stopped and ran into the inn. He heard crushing noises from within. Ruby and Granger entered the inn to see to table tipped over and Nina squeezing the life out of her older brother, Alex. Alex smiled at them and mouthed "Thank you" to them. When Nina let go of Alex as he walked over to Ruby and Granger. He handed out a sheet of paper.

      "You guys will need this" he said as Granger took the sheet out of his hand. Opening the paper as it revealed a map to a mansion in the forest.

       "Is this where that man lives" asked Ruby glancing at the map in Granger's hand. Alex nodded.

       "The think is I actually knew where the boss lived, but I wasn't one hundred percent sure if it was the right location, so that was why I didn't tell you guys about the location before, since I didn't want to give us guys wrong information.

       "That's okay, as least you keep your word" Granger replied. Looking at the map, they were pretty far from the mansion.

       "Oh, just to let you know that there is no roads to the mansion, so you are going to have to leave your carriage and then walked to the mansion" informed Alex patting Nina's head.

        "We should probably rest" Ruby said as it was getting late.

        "Well, we can stay here for the night, then we'll leave in the morning" Granger replied. Alex brought Nina and her friends up to his room as Granger walked to the front desk.

        "Two rooms" he said, but the desk lady frown.

        "There is only one room left" she replied. 

I hoped that you readers enjoyed this chapter!!!

I'll update in two weeks!! ~BYE~