Chapter 24

Disclaimer the picture is not mine! 

RUBY POV

"So, why did you live in the monastery for so long" Ruby asked breaking the silence between them.

"Well, its kinda a long story" replied Granger. Ruby noticed that he was uncomfortable with her question and didn't want to pressure him.

"Its okay, if you don't want to talk about it now. I can understand" said Ruby giving Granger a reassuring smile. The aura around him seem to settle down. A thought began to bother her. "I have another question" Ruby said curiosity.

"What is it then" Granger replied now looking at her with his warm brown eyes. "Damn, his eyes are so gorgeous!" thought Ruby staring into his eyes. 

"Umm, is there something wrong with my face" Granger said nervously looking away.

"No, your face is perfect" Ruby blurted out. There was a moment of awkwardness, until Ruby realized what she had said. Blushing, Ruby quickly turned away. Her face was burning up.

"Umm well, you are really beautiful too" responded Granger blushing a little. Ruby's face was as red as a tomato.

"Ha, I'm not that beautiful" Ruby commented shaking her head laughing. "How does he think that when I look like raw chicken" thought Ruby laughing even hard. Granger held in a laugh and wrapped his arm around Ruby and bringing her closer to him. "He-y, Granger what are yo-u doing?" questioned Ruby blushing harder.

"Ruby, don't ever say that you are not pretty, when you are" stated Granger as his face was an inch away from hers.

"But, I'm no-" Ruby couldn't finish her sentence when Granger leaned in and kissed her. Ruby could feel her heart beating faster in her chest, as Granger's hand clutched her side hard. The warmth of his body made its way to Ruby's. Without realizing Ruby put her hands around Granger squeezing him. Ruby nearly yelped when he stuck his tongue into her mouth. Her body was stiffening as this was her first kiss. She felt that she was going to melt into a puddle. Her mind was swirling in thoughts that she never would have imaged. Granger let out a moan as he pulled her closer to him. Ruby quickly pulled away, gasping for breath.

"Do you not love me" Granger said. Ruby could feel that he was hurt.

"No! It was just that it was my first time ever getting kissed and I didn't know what to do. Plus! I was really nervous........ Yes! I love you so much that I could marry you!" sputtered Ruby as she catch her last deep breath. She quickly shut her mouth when she finally realized all the thing that she just sputter out to Granger. She felt her face getting red as Granger's, who was tomato by now.

"Well, that was a relief to know that you love me back" Granger mumbled softly scratching his head.

"I actually liked you for quite sometime" admitted Ruby playing with her shirt. "Its was just that I didn't think that you will like me back, and leave for someone else, or get creeped out by me" sighed Ruby.

"I understand how it feels to be heartbroken" Granger said looking at her.

"So, I guess that means that we are dating now" she asked nervously.

"Ahhh yeah, I guess that we are dating" replied Granger giving her a smile. Ruby's jaw dropped.

"What?" questioned Granger.

"You just smiled!" exclaimed Ruby jumping up. "I never seen you smile before" added Ruby jumping up and down on the carriage. She felt butterflies in her stomach. "I never been so happy in my life!" thought Ruby finally settling back down. "I never understood what it felt like to be dating, also I don't know what people do when they are dating" said Ruby glancing over to Granger. "Do you know what people do when they are dating?" asked Ruby.

"How I'm I supposed to now, when this is the first time I ever dated!" responded Granger.

"Well, I guess we are going to be super awkward, while we find out" replied Ruby cheerfully, but suddenly stop as her head burned the image of the children's bodies piled up. Granger noticed the sudden change and looked down.

"We need to finish this mission" said Granger as the light in his eyes vanished. Ruby just nodded and looked at the autumn trees. "I don't understand why a monastery would do something like this" thought Ruby. "Even if the kids didn't have family, they couldn't just give them away to be slaughtered" she thought trying to mentally grasp why people would kill so many other people. "Power, Fear, Money, Revenge, or....... Fun?" were all the things Ruby was able to think of. 

"The monastery is quite far away, so you should rest" said Granger.

"No, you need to rest this time I already slept a lot" replied Ruby.

"Are you sure about that" Granger said sleepily.

"See, you are tried, so rest" smiled Ruby jabbing his chest.

"Ouch, okay fine I will, but wake me up if you get tired or don't know where to go" said Granger laying down.

"Sure" replied Ruby looking at the map. It took a while to find the monastery, but Ruby found it and headed it its direction. "Time to find out what's really going on" she thought as Buttercup whined. "Don't worry, I'll give you tons of sugar cubes when we get back home" promised Ruby. "I wonder if this incident has anything to do with vampires, and maybe I'll find the one that killed my parents, or understand what a half-vampire does" thought Ruby deep in her thoughts. 

End of Chapter 24!

Hope you readers enjoyed reading it!

Please comment and vote on my story!

Sorry, that I didn't post on Saturday! I was busy :(