Chapter 28

Disclaimer the artwork is not mine!

RUBY POV

Ruby waited for what felt like an eternality. The time had finally come, she quickly got out from her bed and picked up her scythe. Ruby thanked herself as for not closing her door. Ruby didn't want to get stuck in the room like the last time. Walking out into the silent eerie hallway, she was ready to start the mission. Almost forgetting to check on Granger, she quickly turned around and walked swiftly towards Granger's room. Ruby quietly knocked on the door.

     "I'm almost ready, but you can come in" whispered Granger through the door. Ruby opened the door without making noise. Granger was sitting on the bed loading his gun. "Now I'm ready" he said getting up and walking out of the room. Granger shut the door and they hurried quietly to the chapel. Ruby followed Granger as he knew where the room was. They walked until they stopped just before the chapel. Granger mentioned to be quiet, Ruby nodded and keep quiet. Inside the chapel, were children that were going to be sent another "monastery".  Ruby prayed that Nina and the other two did there part, or else they would have a quick change of plan. Nina and the boys had to distracted the nun as they go out the back of the monastery.

     "Okay, children please line up in alphabetically order" order the nun to the children.

     "Do we really need to?" questioned Flynn loudly.

     "Yes, we do to see if everyone's here"

     "OMG! that's so tedious!" shouted Nina stomping her foot.

     "Never! use God's name in vain, Nina, and stop whining we need to get ready"

     "If you can catch us first!" yelled Gavin running around the nun. The children around them started to run around as well. 

     "Stop! this instant!" screamed the nun now trying to get the children to stop running.

     "Lets go" said Granger as they quickly passed the chapel full of running children and a frustrated nun. "Seems like step one was successful" thought Ruby as they exited out the back. "Hope step two will go according to plan" she added following quickly behind Granger until they heard noises. Ruby and Granger stopped in their tracks, slowly walking towards the noise. Glancing over the corner, she saw the priest...... cover in blood! Ruby gasped getting the priest's attention. Ruby froze as the priest's red eyes were glaring right at her. Granger quickly nudged Ruby.

     "No, time to stand around, we need to kill him swiftly, but as quiet as possible. We don't want to cause havoc" Granger said as if he wasn't stunned that the priest's eyes were red. Ruby forced herself not to be stunned and slashed her scythe splitting the priest in half.

     "Leave him for now, we don't have much time" Granger whispered running passed the corpse. Ruby shrived catching up to Granger. The priest had left a bloody trail before them that came from an underground storage. Ruby tried not to think about what was inside the storage. "How could something like this go unnoticed by all the nuns...... unless they are all vampires!" Ruby quickly stopped in her tracks and tried to ran back to the chapel. Granger grabbed her arm and yanked her over to him.

     "What are you doing?" he questioned her angrily.

     "But, what if they are all vampires and we left the kids defenseless!" Ruby responded hoarsely. Her throat was starting to get dry and uncomfortable.

     "Look, I thought of every scenario, I know what I'm doing. You just need to follow, nothing is going to happen to the children" Granger reassured her. Ruby took a deep breath, she trusted Granger with everything that she had.

     "Okay, sorry about that. Lets continue" Ruby said focusing on the mission at hand. Granger gave a small smile as the ran to the front of the monastery. Before, Ruby questioned Granger, why didn't they just go out the front door of the monastery. He said that was where the father's quarter were. He didn't want the chance of running into the father, so the back door had to do.

GRANGER POV

Granger noticed that Ruby was skeptical over his plan . He couldn't blame her, bizarre as his plan was. He knew that it would work, if everything was laid out properly. "So, far get was going quite well" Granger thought making it to the front of the monastery. 

     "We need to split now and get in place" Granger said as he and Ruby split up. Granger ran over to the woods in front of the monastery. He went in the woods a little and climb up a tree. He could perfectly see the road, but he was hidden within the leaves of the surrounding trees. Granger was aware that there would soon be several enemies coming into view with carriage wagons. When he was younger he saw how they transported some children to the other monastery, however that monastery was no longer in commission due to being burned down. The monastery that he stayed at didn't want the children to go beyond three days of travel, though the other monastery were miles away. His thought came to a halt as he heard the sound of many horses coming. His enemies were soon to come.

     Granger wished that Ruby wouldn't get morally hurt, as she was good with fighting several targets at once. The plan was to have Ruby distract them by fighting them all at once as he used his ultimate to wipe them all expect for one of a higher rank for question. This part of the plan wasn't to his liking, but it was the most effective. If he was to be up close to the enemy, he would have to dodge all their attacks and keep his distance as his skills were best for range and not for one on one combat. He would need to quickly use he ultimate to take his enemies by surprise and potentially looked away from Ruby, who will then attack them, after that all happens, then Granger could come out as there would be less enemies to come closer to him. Wagons began to appeared in front of the monastery. Time to begin! The first person to catch his eye was a man dress in all white as the others jumped off following him. That man is the one we need to keep alive. The men were about to walk up to the monastery before Ruby blocked their way. He quickly noticed that something was wrong with Ruby, her eye-patch was off showing her red eye now glowing bright with rage. "Not good!" he thought.

Hello! Sorry that I wasn't able to update for a long time!

I was busy with school! :(

I hoped that you, readers have enjoyed reading this chapter!

(Sorry for this being published so late)