Chapter 31

Disclaimer: The picture is not mine!

RUBY POV

Ruby was to busy thinking of ways to capture the man in white without being morality injured. She wasn't able to hear the lady said that there was only one room available. Feeling a stare from Granger, she looked up.

     "What?" she asked.

     "Did you hear what she said?" Granger questioned looking at her. Ruby shook her head "no".

     "There is only one room left" Granger said blushing a little. Ruby blushed as well and looked at the front desk lady.

     "One room is okay" replied Ruby taking out her pouch.

     "I'll pay" said Granger about to hand coins to the lady, before Ruby stopped him.

     "You paid last time, so its my turn now" Ruby chimed in.

     "No Ruby, I'm going to pay and that's final" Granger replied handing the lady coins. She huffed, but let him pay. She was going to find a way to repaid him anyway. They thanked the lady and went up to their room. Entering into their room, they were surprised that it had two beds. Ruby jumped a little hearing a squeal in the other room beside them. Granger immediately sighed knowing who was next door to them.

     "Well, looks like none of us will be getting enough sleep tonight" Granger said setting down his violin case next to one of the beds. Ruby agreed having seated herself on other bed. She just had to wait for Granger to fall asleep before paying him back. She just hoped that he would take to his coat so it would be easier to do. Her plan was to wait for him to sleep then put her money in his coat. To her advantage, Granger did take off his coat. Ruby quickly turned away from the sight before her. She felt her face becoming warm. She looked back to see Granger looking at her confused.

     "Am I that ugly" he asked with a smirk. "The exact opposite" thought Ruby flopping down on her bed. They really need a lot of sleep if that want to defeat the man in white. She cursed under her breath, they knew nothing about this man or his tactics. They just could be walking into one of his traps. "You need to lighten up more" said Granger.

     "As if! We don't even know if we're walking into a trap" cried Ruby annoyed. Granger thought for a moment then nodded.

     "True, but it would be two against one right?" Granger said a bit unsure. 

     "He might bring more of his "servants" to protect him" replied Ruby feeling down.

     "He won't" answered Granger now with a confident tone. Ruby raised a brow at him. "I have a feeling that he wouldn't" he responded.

     "Well that's very reassuring" said Ruby rolling her eyes. "Let's just go to bed" Ruby added laying down. With that Ruby fell asleep quickly. Within a couple of hours, Ruby jolted awake. She got out of bed and took some coins from her pouch. She creep quietly over to Granger's coat and put the coins in. 

     "Nice try" Granger said. Flinching, she turned around to see Granger right in front of her.

     "H-how did you know" asked Ruby blushing.

     "I just had a feeling that you were going to do that, turns out I'm right" he smirked making Ruby blush even harder.

     "Well, you better keep the money or else" warned Ruby quickly going back to her bed. She heard Granger softly chucking.

     "Okay, fine I will keep the money" he said. "And don't wake up again, you need enough sleep for tomorrow" added Granger going back to bed. Ruby huffed while covering herself with the blanket. Morning seem to drag over, as Ruby was awaken by Granger.

     "What is it" asked Ruby groggily getting up.

     "Come on we need to go, we overslept" replied Granger, who was already dressed up. Ruby jumped out of bed and put on her hood. She grabbed her brush from her bag and swiftly brushed her hair. Granger returned the key, and they left the inn.

     "Wait! I just remember that we forgot to say goodbye to them" Ruby shouted already taking off.

     "I took care of that, on focus on the road" Granger said looking at the map Alex had given them. The manor wasn't that far of a distance as Ruby thought as they stopped the carriage where the road ended. Ruby tied Buttercup to a nearby tree.

     "Well, looks like this is it" Ruby said following Granger into the forest.

     "Don't need to stress that much" Granger told her as they got deeper into the woods.

     "I'm going to be fine" replied Ruby.

     "Hey, last night you were pretty nervous to me" he smirked glancing at her with a smile. She huffed as they continued to walk. After a couple of minutes, they arrived at the front of the manor. Ruby noted that the design of the manor was quite creepy. Granger walked straight up and reached out for the door. Ruby stopped him before his hand reached the handle.

     "Be careful, this man could have made traps everywhere" Ruby said cautiously.

     "You're being really paranoid" he said. "Plus, if he did he would have made traps in the woods" he added opening the door as it creaked open. They slowly entered into the manor and looked around at the layout. The door slammed behind them. "Well, that's just wonderful" thought Ruby.

     "Welcome! I haven't seen the two of you in a while, you kept me waiting" a voiced echoed in the walls. "Especially you, Ruby" it added.