Chapter 5

Disclaimer: Artwork is not mine. ruby.rose.mlbb

GRANGER POV 

After the game was finish, everyone had gotten their ranks. Granger getting the most kills in the game received MVP. He followed Ruby to the ball room were they will get their prize, along with meeting the enemy team. The ballroom was full of refreshments and beautiful tables with matching chairs. Ruby pointed to the stage and said.

        "We will be receiving our prizes on that stage in a few minutes". "Have any family members coming" She added. 

        "No, why say that" Granger said with a confused look.

        "After the match, the contestants friends and family could come and visit them" Ruby said while getting a glass of strawberry lemonade. He decided that he should get some as well since his throat was dry as hell.

        "I guess your family will be proud of you" said Granger taking a sip of his drink. Ruby didn't respond back, he could see the sadness in her eyes. "Damn" he thought realizing that his comment could have been a sensitive topic.

        "Sorry, I didn't mean to be personal" He added on quickly.

         "It's okay" she said with a small sad smile. Ruby hid behind one of the columns, just as the enemy team came. 

         "Granger" Alucard said walking over. He could see that Ruby had stiffened hearing Alucard's voice. Alucard reached Granger and put his hand on his shoulder. Granger could not help, but flinch.

          "Forget that you don't like contact" he said taking his hands off of him.

          "That's fine, but don't do that again." Granger said while taking a step away for personal space. He and Alucard started taking about how well they played in the match.

           "Alu!" shouted a girl in a blue dress. Alucard turned and smiled at the girl.

           "Granger, this is my girlfriend Miya" he said as Miya held out her hand. He shook her hand and greeted her. He felt a tug on his heart as they both kissed each other. Remembering Lesley only made the pain worse in his heart. He was glad when Alucard and Miya left to talk to the others. He noticed that most of the contestants friends and family started to arrive. He had truly loved Lesley even though he knew that he could never claim her. The past memories of her flow like a river in his head blocking all other thoughts. Laughing, broke his his train of thought as he saw Dyrroth crunching on the floor laughing hard. Ruby didn't think whatever she said was funny and hit Dyrroth in the shin. He could not help but noticed that jealousy reached his heart.

RUBY POV

"Don't spot me" Ruby thought as Alucard was walking over to Granger. She noticed a pair of feet in front of her. Looking up she saw Dyrroth standing right in front of her. Pushing him back a little to contain her bubble.

   "Ouch!" Dyrroth said teasingly putting his hand over his heart. "You seem to know most of these people can you tell my their names. Ruby just nodded and quickly said all the names of the people in the room. Dyrroth smile when she mentioned Granger.

   "What?" She said crossing her arms.

    "Nothing" he replied with a big grin. Ruby didn't like being teased. Dyrroth just gave a small chuckle. As he looked up at her, she couldn't believe what he said!

     "I wondering what you two did alone in the room, since you two were the first ones" said Dyrroth raiseing his brow. Ruby felt her face getting hot with shock. For some reason, it was amusing to the Abyss prince. Ruby kicked his shin, as he got up from laughing. Ruby felt uncomfortable as the room was silent.

     "Um, sorry to disrupt your conversation" the announcer said on the stage. Ruby realized that they had called for the victory team. Cursing under her breath as eyes were glued on her and Dyrroth as they walked to the stage to claim their prize. She couldn't help but noticed that Alucard and Miya were sitting together.

       "You okay, you're quite pale" whisper Dyrroth as they reached the stage. She just nodded as she stood next to Esmeralda. The award ceremony took very long as the announcer told every detail. "I just want to go home now" Ruby thought after getting her award. After the victory team had their awards everyone gave a standing ovation, but it was not over since the MVP was the last one to receive his trophy. Finally the ceremony was over as the audience left. Ruby quickly got off the stage and speed towards the exit.

       "Wait" Granger said running to her. She stop and he caught up. Ruby saw that the exit was blocked by several people wanting to see the victory team. Not wanting to be noticed by the crowd she decided to take the back door.

GRANGER POV

He noticed that Ruby was quite uncomfortable when she saw the crowd up ahead. He didn't want to be stop by the crowd either. Ruby started walking the other way.

       "Can I follow you" he said catching up to her. She replied yes and that they will be taking the back door that lead to and alleyway. As they got to the alley there barely any people. Sighing with relief that she had saved him from a unwanted position. He was going to have to thank her later. They seem to be in a maze, but Ruby didn't slow her pace. Thankful that Ruby knew the surroundings areas pretty well as they avoided tons of people in the streets. They finally got to the gate, just as someone screamed that the MVP was at the gate. "F*ck" he thought as heads were turning his way.

End of Chapter Five

Sorry that this chapter was shorter than the others

I still hoped that you have enjoyed it.

Bye!😜