Chapter 19

Disclaimer: the picture is not mine!

RUBY POV

Ruby could feel herself falling down into complete darkness. "Where am I" she thought as her mind swirled with thoughts. Ruby couldn't see anything in the darkness. Slowly, a light began to appear. She turned over to and squinted at the light to see what was under her. Ruby could see wood paneled floor. It was to late before-. "Thud" was the only sound her body made as it slammed itself onto the wood floor. Ruby's entire front side ached in pain. Groggily, she got up and brushed herself off. The light was blinding Ruby as she covered her eyes and waited for them to adjust. Looking around she noticed that she was in a hotel lobby.

                    "Why am I here" she muttered walking towards the front desk. A couple were in front of her way as she bumped into the lady. Chills ran down her spine. "I- I just went through her" Ruby thought frantically as eerie music began to play. Furiously looking around to see the person playing music. There was no one playing that eerie music. Her heart beat faster as another person walked through her like thin air. "What the hell is happening! Why can't these people see me?!" She thought thinking that her head was about to explode at any second. 

                   "I must need to take deep breathes" said Ruby backing up in a corner and slumping down. Closing her eyes she began to take a deep breath. "This is just a dream, you will be okay" repeated Ruby in her mind while taking deep breaths. The eerie music still continues to play. Her breathing halted to a stop as she heard a familiar voice. Quickly opening her eyes, she turned around to where the familiar voice was coming from. Ruby's jaws dropped at the sight of her parents checking in. Tears began to roll down her face. 

                   "My parents faces, I am able to see them" Ruby thought excitingly concentrating on their faces. Her parents looks were opposite of each other. Her fathers pale skin, jet black hair, and coal black eyes. Her mother's apprentice was golden blonde hair that complemented her bright blue eyes with her tan skin. Her parents begin to walk towards a table in the back of the lobby. Getting up to embrace her parents before remembering that she couldn't touch them. Ruby's parents looked out of place as they were dressed elegantly. Out of both her parents, her father stood out the most. Ruby never remembered that her father had abnormally pale skin that was white as snow.

A flaming imaged blared into her head. Horrified of the burning hotel, she froze. This was the hotel that burned with her parents with it. Running towards her parent's table.

                   "You need to leave" she yelled slamming her hands onto the table hard as they blistered. "You must leave this hotel before it burns down" warned Ruby waving her hands through her parents, who chatting with each other. Flopping onto the floor, bursting into tears. "Why must I be so useless" thought Ruby burying her face in her chest as she cuddled up. "I can't sav-" she thought as a loud crash of a window jarred her thought. Jerking back so see the commotion. There were two figures dressed in black steadily looking around the shocked crowd. Glowing red eyes on landed onto Ruby. She was to stunned to even move as the hairs on her body began to rise. Jolting back as her father passed threw her.

                      "Why are you two here" her father questioned coldly.

                       "It's simple, we are here to kill you" one of the figures replied. "Why would they want to kill my father" thought Ruby frozen in place her mind swirling with thoughts. 

                        "Oh, you still not over that problem" smirked her father in response. 

                         "You betrayed us" the figure on the left growled. People began to flee not wanting to see what would happen next. Ruby turned to see her mother get up and walked over to her husband.

                          "What's going on" she asked her husband.

                           "Just a small problem, will you please go upstairs to our room, I will be there in a short while" Ruby's father said. Her mother huffed displeased.

                            "Okay" her mother said walking to the stairs while glaring at the two figures. Ruby still couldn't wrap her head around what was going on.

                            "Don't hurt him" Ruby yelled as the two figures launched towards her father with amazing speed. She was stunned to see her father dodge them both and attacked form behind. With just a blink, both of the figures gasped as they hit the floor. Blood spread out from their bodies. Ruby looked at her father and shivered. His eyes- were glowing crimson red.

                             "My father isn't human" was the only thought that crossed her mind not noticing that the eerie music stopped. Black smoke began to descend down the stairs slowly. "Smoke doesn't do down" thought Ruby staring wide-eyed at the black smoke that stopped at the bottom of the stairs.

                               "Long time no see, Count Vincent" a deep husky voice whispered. "Your wife's face is quite beautiful" the voice added chuckling. She noticed that the music changed into a warm melody. The smoke parted showing an elegant man with red eyes holding.......................

HER MOTHER'S HEAD!. Ruby plummeted to the floor aghast at the sight of her mother's head. Her face was pale with terrified blue eyes. "Why- why- must I need to see this! exclaimed Ruby at the top of her lungs. The warm melody was not fitting the scene that was in front of her or what was about to happen. The man disappeared and reappeared in front of her father as the man's hand jabbed into Ruby's father's stomach. Her father choked out blood as the man pulled back his hand. Blood gushed out like a fountain from her father

                                 "Seems like spending time with the humans have made you weak, Vincent" the man said wiping off the blood from his hand with a handkerchief. Tears fell to the floor as Ruby watched her father bleed to death in front of her. "I'm so useless" she thought witnessing her father's last breath. Then the man looked at her and smiled.

                                 "Well nice to meet you" smirked the man walking over crutching down in front of Ruby. The man placed his hand on her shoulder.

                                  "Let go of me" Ruby screamed stumbling back. "How is he able to see me!" she thought.

                                    "You shouldn't be scared, you're one of us" the man smiled.

                                     "I am not one of you" sputtered Ruby crawling back from the man. "I am not a monster" Ruby added kicking the figure. She felt like she kicked a wall. Pain spread throughout her leg as backed up against the wall.

                                       "I hate to do this but..." said the man before he pierced his hand through her stomach. Ruby vomited out blood, coughing. Her vision began to get blurry. "Your the reason why your parents are dead" the man added before disappearing into black smoke. Ruby flopped down onto the floor using her hands to stop her form bleeding.

                                         "I'm the reason my parents are dead, what did I ever do?" Ruby thought she could smell smoke. "Looks like I'm going to bleed to death than get burnt to a crisp" She thought taking a deep shaking breath. The doors of the hotel busted open as someone yelled her name. "What's Granger doing here" Ruby thought as Granger picked her up and ran out the door. He gently placed her down and looked at her with the most saddest eyes, Ruby had seen in her entire life.

                                           "Granger" she mumbled slowly.

                                            "Yes" he replied taking out bandages.

                                             "I love you" said Ruby before falling into enteral sleep.

Well that's it for Chapter 19!

Hope you enjoyed reading it!