Chapter 11

Disclaimer: the artwork is not mine! The art belongs to BunsArts!

RUBY POV

Ruby was in shock to see that Roger was still alive! She could feel a fat tear roll down her check. Ruby burst towards Roger, but failed since her legs failed her again. Roger picked her up and squeezed her tightly. Ruby did the same and both of them started to tear up.

                 "First I thought you were missing" Ruby said still hugging Roger. "Then I thought that you were dead and gone forever" she said letting go of Roger who was wiping away a tear. Martha and Granger both left to the kitchen to give then some space.

                  "The reason why I left is a long story" Roger said. "Lets sit down to talk about the things that happen when I was gone" Roger added sitting down. Ruby sat down next to him and put her legs up to cuddle them. Ruby started form the very beginning when Roger left to the recent werewolf incident. Ruby covered her face with her hands as more tears started to fall recalling all the bad things that has happen to her. Roger patted her back and Ruby leaned up against Roger.

                  "Now it is time to tell you why I left" Roger said shifting his position. Ruby was shocked to hear that Pale Tusk had turn Roger into a werewolf! Ruby looked at Roger to see huge claw marks on his chest. 

                    "How is that even possible" Ruby questioned Roger. She really wanted to know how he was turned into a werewolf.

                    "I don't know about that either, but reminds me of vampires" Roger replied cracking his neck. Ruby felt cold when Roger mentioned vampires.

                    "You know in legends that noble vampires could change humans into one of them" Roger said looking at Ruby, who was getting a nervous.

                     "Why was she so nervous when Roger mentioned vampires" Ruby thought as her mind went racing about her parents.

                     "You are looking quite pale, Ruby" Roger said placing his hand on her forehead. Ruby felt nauseous and her vision started to get blurry.

                     "I am going to take you back to your bed" Roger said picking up Ruby. Ruby's limbs had failed her making her feel like a rag doll. Roger had went upstairs and placed down Ruby, As soon as she hit her pillow Ruby was out cold.

ROGER POV

Ruby was no lighter than a sac of potatoes. As he held her in his arms he felt Ruby's body going cold. 

                 "Probably shouldn't have overwhelmed her when she just woke up" Roger thought as he place Ruby down on her bed and put her blanket over her. Roger watched as Ruby fell asleep quickly. She looked so fragile while she was asleep. He cursed himself for leaving her behind like that, but how would she react to see him as a werewolf. After telling her what happen he noticed that she was not expecting for that to happen.

                  "I should have told her a different story" thought Roger walking back downstairs. Thinking back though he felt weight being lifted off his shoulders. He entered the kitchen to see Granger and Martha cooking lunch.

                  "Where's Ruby" Martha said turning off the stove.

                   "She wasn't feeling so good so I put her back to bed, and was she able to eat beforehand" Roger said looking at Granger.

                   "Yes, I was able to feed her before you guys came back from the market" Granger answered looking away.

GRANGER POV

He quickly turn away from Roger so he wouldn't be able to see him slightly blushing. Recalling that incident made he feel uncomfortable. Granger decide that he should return back to the Hunter's Guild early the next morning. He couldn't leave after lunch since he would not make it in time before it got dark. He quickly ate his meal and washed his own plate. He went back into the living room to sit down. Granger felt bored and he did not want to stay in the house. Granger left the house after telling Martha and Roger that he wanted to go take a walk. 

 He stretched out his body once he stepped outside. He felt a cool breeze pass by as he walked. He took a tour around the village. He could see people working on the council building that had been burn as he passed by. He stopped in his tracks when he hear rustling in the forest. He glared into the bushes where he hear the noise. He could see a person coming out from behind the bushes. Granger swiftly placed his hand on his gun. He was shocked to see that he had meet this person before or should he say demon.

                         "Why are you here Dyroth" He said with a cold voice while taking out his gun.

                          "I just wanted to walked around the village no need to get so worked up" Dyroth smirked strolling towards Granger.

                           "He has some balls" thought Granger still having his gun ready.

                            "Lets go somewhere private to talk" Dyroth said looking at his nails. It would be better if they did talk somewhere so that the people will not be able to see Dyroth.

                            "Its a trap" thought Granger but his was prepared. He followed Dyroth back into the forest. It took them a while for them to get their destination, but Graner was able remember his way back. Dyroth stopped and climbed a nearby tree and laid down. Granger leaned against a tree that was in front of Dyroth.

                            "What do you want to talk about" Granger said looking up a Dyroth. Dyroth sighed as he got up from his comfortable position.

                             "I want to know what happen to Pale Tusk and the werewolves that were with him. Granger was stunned about what Dyroth said.

                            "How did he know about that and about the werewolves, were the demons and werewolves working together or something. He had to thinking of something fast" Granger thought as his mind racing on about things to say. Time was running out for him!

Dear readers, sorry that I misspelled Dyroth's name. Sometimes the name is different in other countries.