Chapter 10

Disclaimer: the artwork is not my it belongs to @monjinka :)

GRANGER POV

Granger went to check on Ruby since it was the second day, but she still was not waking up. Martha decide to go to the market to get something and Roger went with her. While walking to Ruby's room he noticed that one of the rooms was empty.

              "Why did Martha say that there was no rooms for him to sleep in when there was an empty room" Granger thought as he went into Ruby's room. She was still sound asleep, he pulled up a chair close to her bed and sat. She was still pale as usually she was a bit thin since she hasn't eaten. Martha said that it would be best if they don't try to feed her when she was asleep since it could go down the wrong pipe and choke her. She also was wearing her night gown that Martha changed her into.

               "Well this is going to be another long day" he thought as he placed his head down on her bed. THUD! Granger moaned as he looked to see why all of a sudden he was on the floor. Ruby had gotten out of bed and landed on top of him. He wanted to moved Ruby away, but she was probably still asleep.

               "Ouch" Ruby said holding her head and looking up. Granger could see that her face was a bit red. He looked and realized that they were in a very awkward position. Ruby's hand where inches away from his thing. He could feel his face slightly turning red. They both stared at each other for a few moments and decide that they should move.

                 "Sorry" Ruby said and tried to get off of him but tripped on the chair and landed on him again. He could hear she cursing under her breath. He didn't want to comment something cause it might just make this whole situation worse.

                  "How could this get any worse" he thought as Ruby's leg pushed up against his thing. Ruby noticed what she did and blushed. He blushed pretty hard too good thing he still had his coat on.

                   "My legs are weak" Ruby added not looking at him. He moved Ruby to the side of him and got up to help Ruby. He lifted her up with ease and noticed that her legs were wobbling.

                   "Want me to carry you" he said looking at her. She looked down and shook her head.

                    "I'm fine, but could you still hold my arm" she replied.

                    "Sure" Granger said and helped Ruby get downstairs. When they got downstairs Granger put Ruby down on the couch. Ruby started to look around her house confused.

                    "Need anything" he said. Ruby shook her head. He was about to go when Ruby held his coat.

                     "Could I get some food, please" Ruby said just as her stomach growled. Granger just nodded and went into the kitchen to get something for Ruby.

RUBY POV

First her legs, and now her stomach! She groan as Granger left into the kitchen. She blushed a little recalling the situation that she put him through.

                       "Why must I be so awkward" she thought putting her head on her hands. Her hands started to hurt so she laid her head on the coach. She looked around again to see that Martha was not home.

                        "Neither is Ro-" Ruby thought before shutting down that thought. She probably had an illusion that Roger saved her. But how was she here still alive. Granger probably had saved her, but what about Pale Tusk. She decide not to think about what happen since it gave her a headache. Ruby could smell a delightful aroma from the kitchen.

                        "He could actually cook" Ruby thought as Granger came out with a tray in his hands. He put the tray down on the coffee table. Ruby looked in awe at the food. He had made her grits with cheese and two grilled fish.

                        "How the hell could he had made this so quickly!" she thought still looking at the food. Her mouth started to water she swallowed her saliva not wanting him to know that she was that hungry, but her stomach betrayed her again!

                        "Damn" she thought as she heard Granger trying to hold his laughter. Then out of the blue, he got a spoonful of grits and told her to open up. She looked at him confused did he think that she was a little kid.

                         "I can feed myself" Ruby said about to take the spoon away from Granger, but he moved and put the spoon down.

                         "Angela said that its better for you to not use your arms since it will cause you pain and I don't want to clean up after you if you make a mess" Granger said bluntly. Ruby was stunned by the comment. She did realize that her arms were still a little sore. Sighing in defeat she opened her mouth.

GRANGER POV

Granger knew how to cook, because he didn't like what the church gave him when he was little and didn't like the crap that the inns had. So he forced himself to learn and it paid of quite well. Ruby sighed as she opened her mouth. He couldn't help but think of Ruby as a little kid. He carefully put the spoon in her mouth and looked at the plate of food he made.

                       "This is going to take a very long time, I probably should have made something smaller, but it probably won't have filled Ruby though, plus she also needs to grow in height" he thought giving her some fish. It took about forty minutes for Ruby to finish the meal. Granger went back into the kitchen and signed at the dishes that he would have to clean. After he had finish the dishes he went back into the living room and sat on the couch next to Ruby. There was a bit of silence when the front door open and Ruby's mouth dropped. He looked up to see that Roger was at the front door with Martha behind him. Both Roger and Ruby where frozen in shock.

End of Chapter 10

I hoped that you enjoyed reading this as I did while writing.

Also while writing I had a bloody nose. NO JOKE! :p