Chapter 20

Disclaimer: this artwork is not mine!

GRANGER POV

      Granger carefully looked at Ruby's pale face. Her breathing was getting back to normal. He was still dumbfounded about how Ruby said the she loved him. "That was just a dream, but why would Ruby say my name before she said that she loved me" thought Granger slowly moving her hair out her face. They were getting closer to their first stop. "I hope that Ruby wakes up before we get to our stop" Granger thought holding the reins. Twenty minutes later, they made it to their first stop. Ruby was still fast asleep. "Maybe we should rest here for today" he thought putting Buttercup in a spare stable and carefully lifted up Ruby.

      Kicking the door open to the inn, Granger walked in carrying Ruby. The men there were smirking when they saw Ruby. "How disgusting" he thought glaring at the men, who now quickly turned away.

      "I would have a room with two beds" Granger stated at the innkeeper.

      "I am very sorry, but we only have rooms with one bed" the innkeeper said nervously.

      "Hey, if you don't want to take advantage of her then I will" smirked a middle aged man as the other men joined in laughing. In a blink of an eye, Granger was in front of the middle aged man pointing his gun right between his eyes.

      "You fucking lowlifes have no right to even breath the same air that I breath" stated Granger coldly as the room was now in complete silence. The man gulped down.

      "He-y now, you can't kill me" sputtered the man dripping in sweat.

      "Who says I can't" Granger said cocking his gun. BAAM!!! went his gun as the man fell to the floor. The other men cursed and fled out the inn. The middle aged man crawled away before dashing out the inn. "What to bunch of wimps, it was just a blink" he thought walking over to the innkeeper, who was shivering. The innkeeper managed to give Granger the key before passing out. The room was on the second floor at the very corner. Opening up the door, Granger enter placing Ruby down on the bed, Then locking the door behind him. Granger took his coat off and hanged it on the racket. 

      The room was quite small as it had one big bed next to a small old wooden desk and a tiny window. Granger stretched out with a groan. Placing his head on Ruby's forehead to check if she was doing better. It was afternoon, as Granger locked the door and walked down stairs to the inn's kitchen. He was quite shocked to see that the food was fresh. He quickly made two loafs of bread an walked back to the room. Ruby was still asleep as Granger pull up a chair next to the window. Opening the window up to let I the fresh cool air. He sat down and began to eat his loaf of bread while wrapping up the other loaf for Ruby. Drowsiness swept over him. He looked at the bed that Ruby was sleeping on. The big was bid enough for two people with extra space. 

      "Sorry, Ruby" he thought as he moving Ruby to the right side away from the window. Placing a pillow in the middle of the bed. He was thinking to sleep on the floor, but he didn't want to sleep on the dusty floor. He flopped down on the bed groaning. "At least the bed is clean" he thought before he fell asleep.

RUBY POV

Ruby woke up to her stomach growling. Slowly opening her eyes to an unfamiliar setting. Jolting up in surprise, she found herself in a bed with..... GRANGER!!!! "Why am I sleeping with Granger" she thought blushing. "Its not like I wanted this to hap-" she thought before her stomach growled again. Sighing, she noticed a loaf of bread on the desk. Quickly, she took the bread and began to eat. Ruby was surprised that it was still warm.

       "Feel better" Granger said making Ruby flinch. Turing around to see Granger awake. "Damn, he is so hot" she thought looking at Granger. "Sorry, if you woke up confused, I decide that since you were still asleep, we would just rest here.

       "That's okay" said Ruby suddenly imaging Granger shirtless. She blushed hard at the thought. "NO! Don't think about that" yelled Ruby internally.

        "Are you sure that you're okay, you're heating up" Granger said placing his hand on her forehead.

        "Because of you" stated Ruby blushing. Granger gave her a questioning look. "You're too hot" mumbled Ruby. 

       "My bad, I'll leave" Granger smile ready to get off the bed.

       "No!" shouted Ruby clutching onto his arm. "Don't leave, please" Ruby said remembering her dream. "Was that real" Ruby thought looking down. She placed her hand in her mouth to feel if her teeth were pointed. None of her teeth were, but what about her eye. Quickly feeling her eyepatch she shivered.

       "Is there a bathroom anywhere" said Ruby not wanting Granger to see what she was about to do.

       "Yeah, there is one down the hall" said Granger concerned.

       "Thanks" she said unlocking the door and walking down the hallway. "Hopefully, I didn't come off as rude" she thought entering the ladies bathroom. Stopping in front of a mirror, she took off her eyepatch.

This is the end of Chapter 20!

Hope you, readers have enjoyed my story so far!

Peace! :)