All Mixed Up

Jimin went home early. Yoongi refused to get out of his head, pestering him with questions. Jimin did his best to ignore him, but being at home with a splitting headache was just... too much. He nearly caved and didn't take his medicine, but the thought of letting the alpha win, even if it was just a small thing, made him sicker than he already felt. So he took the pills.

And Yoongi flipped.

"Why are you so determined to resist this?!"

"Shut up," Jimin groaned, pressing the ice pack to his head. Taking the pills, of course, renewed the strength of the pain. He could see nothing but vague starbursts, even with his eyes open. It was terrifying. But the thought of giving Yoongi full access to his mind was even worse.

"I won't! Why are you so against this?"

"If Taehyung was this persistent it's no wonder Jungkook caved," Jimin snapped. "Just f*ck off already. I don't want to deal with you."

"So you've said," Yoongi said drily. "But I still don't have my answers... or a legitimate reason to let you avoid me."

"I'm not obligated to give you a reason!"

"Actually, you are. You're not rejecting me, but you refuse to see me. Did someone hurt you? Were you bullied? Why are you so upset with me?"

"How is 'I don't want you' not good enough?!"

"If you really didn't want me you'd come and reject me."

"Maybe I don't want you to see me."

"Bull. I think I've still got a chance, however small it is. And I want to know why you don't want me."

Jimin let out a garbled moan that was meant to be "let's start with this headache" and fell silent, tears once again coursing down his cheeks.

"Look," Yoongi said. "Just--I don't know, just try not using your suppressants, for a day, and find out if we're as bad as they say on TV."

Jimin whimpered.

"I'll be right here," Yoongi continued. "We'll have full connection for a day, so I'll be able to see what's going on. If anything happens, I can help, and I'll take full responsibility."

Jimin shook his head.

"Why not?" Yoongi groaned. "Honestly, the last thing on my mind is taking advantage of you. I just want to know who you are!"

Jimin didn't move.

"Fine, I'll ask Taekook," Yoongi grumbled. "Since you really want to do this the hard way."

Jimin shook his head frantically, but although the pain remained, Yoongi was already gone. Jimin sagged into the bed, sobbing, and stayed there until he fell asleep, tear tracks drying on his face.