Forward Momentum

"What did you mean?"

"Hm?" Yoongi leaned back, looking down at Jimin. They were in his bedroom, on his bed--Jimin curled up around Yoongi's waist as the alpha sat, combing his hands through the omega's hair.

Jimin shifted, sighing. "About alphas," he said.

Yoongi chuckled. "I meant what I said. What we did was stupid-- I just didn't realize it until you lost it. So, thank you... and I'm sorry."

Jimin sighed, slowly sliding an arm around Yoongi and reaching up to fiddle with one of the alpha's earrings. It felt so natural. How in the world could it feel so natural when he'd been running all his life?

"I'm sorry for frightening you," Yoongi said, smiling softly. "Honestly, it's probably better that you waited so long. I was a brat in freshman year."

"You were?" Jimin asked, poking his head up. "But you always--!"

Yoongi laughed, throwing his head back. "Don't worry, 'min," he said, grinning. "Omegas have a perfect sense for when they're being fed bullsh*t. Lots of alphas were like that our first year. I'm not surprised you all still avoid us. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if something had happened. We thought being nice would make us more popular. We were... idiots."

"But the betas love you," Jimin said softly.

"The betas probably sympathized." Yoongi leaned over, scooting so their faces were together. "We hung out. We talked. We laughed. We fought. They saw right through us, and they didn't care. Some of them even turned out to be our mates."

"But the omegas..."

"We've accepted it," Yoongi said, shrugging. "But I got so excited when I felt you, I abandoned everything I'd practiced for three years. Weird, isn't it?"

"Stupid," Jimin said softly, scooting around so he could take Yoongi's head in both hands.

"At least I can count on you to think for me," Yoongi mumbled, laughing as Jimin stuck his tongue out at him.

"Don't count on that!"

"Aww, why~~?"

"Because it's not fair," Jimin mumbled, leaning heavily on Yoongi. "You can't just make me do all the hard work."

"Don't worry," Yoongi said, his tone softening. "I have no intention of making you do anything."