Chapter 21 - A Failed Rescue

[Kylie's pov]

It's been a few days, it's Sunday and I'm back in my home town. I needed space and it was my plan to come home to my parents to spend the weekend with them anyway.

I have no right to be upset with Keagan, everyone has a past, secrets, and had painful experiences that consumed them, and might of took them down a awful path.

But that doesn't define them. Their past contributes to the person they are but it does not mean they are the person they were when they were going through shit.

I've learnt that killing werewolves, rogues ain't really a big thing, they are soulless anyway. The girls he slept with don't mean shit to him, they have nothing on me, his mate.

I overreact and I get dramatic. But only because the thought of him with another woman, loving her the way he claims he does me, breaks my heart.

It's his past and if I held it against him what kind of  person would I be? He say he changed, he says I'm the one he needs and can't live without and if I don't  believe him theres no trust and what's a relationship without trust.

I love him there's no doubt about it, I trust him and believe his every word. Which is why I decided to have a open mind about things and not to be so quick to judge and get upset about shit.

I'm going back to Jacksonville in the next hour, being away from Keagan physically hurts, home is not home anymore. And I realized that the saying 'home is where the heart is' is so real on many levels.

He is my home, he is my safe place and with him is where I'm positive I want to be the rest of my life.

Space has done more bad than good and right now I just want to get home to my baby, breathe in his scent, hold him in my arms with his head on my chest, listening to him breathe as he falls asleep.

"Kylie, we ready to leave" mama screams from downstairs I go to grab my things and head downstairs. Leaving this town feels nothing like the first time, I can't get to Jacksonville fast enough. We hit the road.

I arrive in Jacksonville something after midnight. My parents are just dropping me off because they have some exhibition shit to get to over at the next town. So I kiss them goodbye and wave them off. I'm going to miss them, they were so relieved when I came over for the weekend and forgave them.

I get into the house lock my door and go to my bedroom, there I find a sleeping keagan holding my pillow tightly, I giggle.

I go to the closet and change into my pj's and then climb into bed with him, laying behind him wrapping my arms around him, instantly comfortable and sleepy.

Ahhh I missed him. No better feeling than this. I close my eyes and instantly fall asleep.

I wake up feeling uneasy, something doesn't feel right, Keagan gets up from the bed in inhumane speed, one second he was asleep the next he is standing beside the bed looking confused "What's wrong?" he asked intensely looking at my body up and down in search of something.

I look to the bed where he was just laying, to where he is standing, back and fourth a couple of times. He notices and puts his hand up to silence me. "Are you okay?" what?

"Yes I'm okay" I say quickly "I just had an uneasy feeling that's all" I say looking at him flatly.

"Ohh well, I thought there was something wrong. Werewolves have heightened senses, hearing, smelling and we have inhuman strength, healing abilities and speed even in our human form" he say it's like the most casual thing the world. Thats so cool though!

"Wow" he chuckles and immediately engulfs me into a hug and breathes in my scent "I've missed you baby" he says with his head in the crook of my neck.