Chapter 9

"I'll go make sure no one's there and that no one goes near the area" I told them, taking off my leather jacket.

Isaac held out his hand offering to take it, the hunter eyed me almost questioning what I was doing.

Within seconds I had fully transferred into wolf form, "Be careful" Derek told me before I ran off in the direction of the school arriving there in no time.

I ran up and down the halls of the school sniffing it out for any signs of someone being there, once I was happy it was empty I done a full perimeter search to make sure no one was nearby.

Once I was done, I waited inside the school for Boyd and Cora to make sure they got to the boiler room.

When the howling, growling started I got into a defensive stance, still in my werewolf form when Cora came up behind me to attack.

Derek pushed her into the lockers, then shoved her towards Boyd. The hunter came next to us with an electric rod, and Scott came jumping down the stairs.

"Come and get us" Derek declared running off Scott tow, while I went to find Isaac as I couldn't help fight in my wolf form.

I ran up the halls following Isaac's scent.

When I found him, I stood in front of him, lifting my paw and tugging on the shirt.

Isaac quickly took off his coat, scarf then Derek's shirt giving it to me. He turned around to give me some privacy.

In seconds I had fully transformed into my usual 5'7 self with my hair cascading down my back. I put the shirt on which looked like a t-shirt dress on me.

I tapped Isaac on the shoulder, he turned around and gave me my leather jacket which I quickly slipped on.

We heard loud, growls, snarls, and howls. I looked at Isaac who wore the same worried expression I ran as fast as I could done to the boiler room.

I saw Scott with a somber expression, "Where's Derek?"

He looked up at me with defeated and sad eyes then to the door.

"No" I whispered, I smelt blood. Derek's blood

"Open it" I ordered

Scott shook his head 'no'

"God damn it Scott. Open the fucking door. NOW!" I boomed yelling at him

"Not until the sun's up" Scott told me

"Scott! The sun's coming up!" We heard Isaac yell

Scott quickly opened the boiler room door Scott, Isaac and I ran in to see Derek on his knee's panting covered in blood, Boyd and Cora laying down beside him.

I quickly listen for a heartbeat from the unconscious pair.

"There's a teacher. I'll take care of her. Get them out of here"

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"You should have done a check" Isaac told me once we were back at Derek's loft

"I did" I replied

"Well, it wasn't good enough, was it?" he told me louder

"WHAT ELSE WAS I MEANT TO DO?! HUH?! I CHECKED THAT DAMN SCHOOL THREE TIME AND NOTHING. THEIR WAS NO ONE THERE!" I yelled back

"WELL, THERE CLEARLY WAS! DEREK NEARLY DIED TONIGHT BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T DO A THOROUGH CHECK. YOU WERE SELFISH! "he spat

"HOW IN THE HELL WAS I SELFISH?!" I asked pissed

"YOU WERE TOO BUSY HOLDING A GRUDGE AGAINST ALLISON'S DAD THAT YOU DIDN'T NOTICE THERE WAS A TEACHER IN THE BOILER ROOM. THE BOILER ROOM! THE ONE PLACE WE WERE TAKING BOYD AND CORA TO. IF OTHER PEOPLE DIED TONIGHT THAT WOULD BE ON ALL OF US, BUT IF DEREK DIED THAT WOULD BE ON YOU!" Isaac yelled walking off

"I know!" I cried, "Don't you think I know that? If Derek died I would literally lose the only family I've ever had. I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing Derek died and it was all my fault, but I swear to you, I sniffed every corner of that school, there was nothing there"

Isaac turned around walking away without a word

XXX-Abbie Jade