Chapter 12

"Vanessa!" Peter called

I stopped in my tracks as Peter ran in front of me cutting me off.

"What happened?" he asked confused

Putting on a fake smile, "Nothing, Peter. It's ok"

He furrowed his eye brows, "It's not nothing, you nearly never call me Peter unless it's serious or important"

"Please, Peter just drop it. It's nothing important, just me being me, reading to much into things" I told him with a small smile

He looked at me not believing my excuse, but dropped it, "Okay. What are you going to do now, seeming as Derek's basically band you from doing anything fun?"

I let out a small chuckle shaking my head, "He still treats me as if I can't take care of myself, it gets annoying, but at least I know I'm loved and cared for"

A genuine smile broke out onto his face, it was small, but it was there.

"Oh god I'm hungry" I bit my lip at the thought of food, "and coffee. I need coffee" I exclaimed

Peter chuckled at my outburst, "How about I cook?" he said

"Hell yes!" I exclaimed quickly walking off when an idea hit me.

I stopped leaning over holding my stomach faking my pain, "Peter! Peter!" my voice broke sounding like I was on the verge on tears.

His heavy rushed footsteps grow louder and louder the close he got to my side in a hurry, "Vanessa, what's wrong, sweetheart?"

"Peter, I-I'm d-dying of hunger. My stomach is eating itself inside out, I-I can't walk, y-you have to carry me to the food" I told him

He looked at me with worry, then confusion, then realisation. Letting out a deep chuckle he shook his head, wrapping one arm around the small of my back the other around my legs lifting me off the ground, bridal style.

I put the back of my hand to my forehead, "Oh thank you, my knight in shining armour" I called out dramatically faking damsel in distress

"I can drop you right here" Peter taunted, fake dropping me

I squealed wrapping my arms tightly around, burring my head into the crook of his neck. The over whelming smell of earthy mixed spices and sandalwood flooding into my nose, the smell addicting like a drug.

Pulling back, I was met with his natural blue eyes, we starred into each other's eyes not saying a word, the silence was calming and comfortable— Until I started to yawn.

"You're tired" he stated

I lazily nodded, resting the side of my head against chest still looking into his intense eyes.

A small smile crept it's way up, tugging on the corners of his lips, "Get some rest, I'll wake you when were there"

My heavy eyelids fluttered shut leaning into his toned chest more, listening to Peter's calm heartbeat as sleep started to overtake my body. I felt Peter's lips press gently against my forehead lingering for a few moments before I fell into a dreamless sleep.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Opening my eyes, I noticed I was in an unfamiliar yet comfortable bed, in an unfamiliar room, in a foreign apartment when the events of before starting flooding through my mind.

"Peter?" I called sleep still laced through my voice

I glanced at the cosy and calm yet clean room when my eyes fell on the handsome Hale leaning against the door frame, "Hey" I said softly

"Hello sweetheart, I hope your hungry I just finished make my famous spaghetti bolognese" he smirked

A smirk of my own crept its way onto my lips, "A Hale that can cook? Now that's something I would pay to see"

He smiled, an airy laugh left his lips, "Are you coming or not" with that he turned around starting to walk away.

I chucked off the covers, quickly getting out of bed, running up to the Hale and jumping onto his back wrapping my legs around his waist, my arms around his neck loosely.

"To the food!" I exclaimed, burying my head into the crook of his neck and giggling when he chucked me up a little to get a better grip on my thighs.

Once into the kitchen Peter placed me on top the island bench as he served us each up a bowl of his 'famous' spaghetti bolognese .

Placing the bowls on the bench he pulled a fork out giving one to me, I gathered some food on the fork placing it into my mouth.

My eyes fluttered shut as the mouth-watering sweet, yet savory taste hit my tongue, "This is so good" I moaned softy.

Question- What show/s are you currently binge watching?

My Answer- All America and How to get away with murder.

XXX-Abbie Jade