3. The Touch

Anna was back from her delivery duty

Anna was back from her delivery duty. As she entered inside, she saw her mother writing down something again and sighed inwardly thinking that her mother was writing down another address for delivery.

"Where to deliver this time?" She asked as she made her way to her mother.

"Oh no dear, there's no more order now. I was just jotting some ideas for the new menu card." Her mother answered under her beautiful smile. "I'm planning to make it a bit fancier and attractive."

"Finally you have decided to change the menu card." Anna couldn't help but spit it out. "C' mon let me help you with the ideas."

They spent hours deciding the ideas for the menu card and also did their works in the middle of it. By the time they were done with the ideas, it was already at the ripe of the afternoon and telephone started ringing on the reception table and orders kept ringing in.

"It's already lunchtime. It's time for delivery." Sofia said glancing at the watch on her wrist. She started noting orders and addresses down on the notepad as she listened over the call. After the call, she placed the order into the kitchen. The orders kept coming one after the other and at the same time, the customers kept coming in.

Anna strolled inside the kitchen and marched towards a middle-aged man who was busy cooking. "Do you need any help with the cooking, Mr Lee?" Anna asked glancing around the kitchen where the chefs were busy cooking the orders.

"No dear, it's fine." Mr Lee answered and gave her a warm smile.

Mr Lee is a Korean citizen who is the head chef of their restaurant. He has been working with her mother for the past five years. He is blessed with a beautiful and loyal wife, Jennifer and two beautiful children, Suzy (six years old) and Kevin (four years old).

"Anna, Your mother is looking for." One of the waiters informed her as he rolled in with the trolley of dirty dishes.

"Oh yes, I have a delivery duty to do."

"Ride safely, my dear."

"I will."

Anna made out her way to the reception to where her mother was.

"Anna, please deliver these orders to these addresses,"

"Right away, mom," Anna said animatedly and went off with the bags of orders to do her delivery duty.

Minutes passed, lunchtime was nearly over and the restaurant inside cooled down and there were few customers around. Sofia glanced around at the customers and her eyes caught at one table, table no. 8. There were three gentlemen in well expensive suits who were smoking inside while it was clearly shown in the board hanging on the wall that smoking was not allowed in here. She glanced around and noticed that the other customers were having problems with them. She was about to go towards that table but was distracted when Jasmine came in and called her.