33. The Oathbreaker

"Hello Anastasia, if you want to save your sister, come and get me

"Hello Anastasia, if you want to save your sister, come and get me. You come alone or she dies. I know you're a smart girl, I know you'll find your way here." The call went dead. Anna forwarded the number to her phone and deleted it from her mother. She then turned towards Vernon and caught him off guard. She took away his gun from his waistband.

"What're you doing, Tessa?"

"I have to go and do not follow me!" She warned. But Vernon didn't listen to her and grabbed her by her shoulder. She didn't have any choice but to fight her brother. She jabbed on his hand and kicked him to the ground. "I'm sorry." She said and turned around.

"No, no! you cannot go, Anna. You can't kill!" Sofia stopped her.

"I don't care, I have to save my sister." She shouted and shoved Sofia to the other side and ran away quickly.

***

"What do you want from us?" Fiona demanded. She and Sarah were brought forcefully to the De Luca mansion. They were in the common hall and was now surrounded by De Luca's family. Marcus was sitting in front of them, he took out a picture and place it on the table in front of them. Both of them creased their eyebrows together and look at each other.

"This is Romano De Luca, my eldest son."

"You're lying!" Fiona lowly stated and stood up from her place at once.

"Why do you think so?" Marcus calmly asked.

"He was our father." She answered.

"And you're my grand-daughter," Marcus interjected.

"After your father's death, your mother ran away, did the surgery, got a new identity and live as Sofia William," Antonio said in brief as possible as he could.

"My mother had to do surgery because she met with an accident," Fiona uttered.

"I see you have some knowledge about your past life," Antonio said. "I guess you knew that your mother is called Anita before she started living as Sofia." Fiona was silent. "You know Anastasia is not your blood sister!"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Fiona looked away.

"What's going on, Fiona?" Sarah asked.

"I'll tell you, niece," Antonio said making Sarah to looked at him. "You're mother is Anita De Luca, wife of Romano De Luca. Fourteen years ago, she ran away with a child and was never found until now. She changed her identity and lived as Sofia William."

"Anita, you said. Is that the same lady who took away the only daughter of Harondale, fourteen years ago?" Sarah asked wide eyes open as she tries to recollect her thesis in her head. "The only daughter that the Harondale, Sylvester and De Luca's have been searching for, since the past fourteen years-" all of them look at her and listened to her in silence while she kept continuing talking, "Why are you all looking for her? And why is Anna not our blood sister?"