13. Stop Crossing Path

"What happened, Doll?" Leo bent down to her level and whispered asked softly

"What happened, Doll?" Leo bent down to her level and whispered asked softly. Rossanne simply smiled and pointed her finger towards Anna.

"Fratello, she's very beautiful." Leo was surprised but he didn't let it show.

"Doll, close your eyes and pray." He smiled and said softly. Rossanne nodded at him before closing her eyes. Then he stood to his full height and looked at Anna. He had told the little Rossanne to close her eyes while he was wide opened and was shamelessly staring at Anna's beautiful presence. Anna was praying wholeheartedly, whispering prayers. He couldn't help but smile widely staring at her. He feels so at peace whenever he sees her. And he wished the prayer never ends so that he could stare at her the whole time.

"Amen," the prayer ended and he immediately looked away from her when she opened her eyes. Anna sat beside Rossanne and smiled down at her. She still didn't notice Leo.

"You're very beautiful." Rossanne complimented her.

"Thank you—" Anna's word died in midway when she simply glanced up from the little girl. Her eyes went wide in shocked but it was only for a second before she started to observe him. She gazed at his perfect jawline and his barely visible moustache which made him look even more handsome and manly. She was finding hard to look away from him. She was involuntarily and shamelessly observing him as well. This was the first time she took notice of him. 

Leo was looking straight at the front and he could sense from his peripheral vision that Anna was staring at him. His body went stiff and was trying his best not to look towards her.

"Father is at the front, Anna." He said without even glancing at her. Anna blinked twice and sheepishly looked away from him. Leo side glance her and bit back a smile. Leo and Anna looked straight the whole preaching section, none of them dares to even glance at each other. They were trying their best to avoid one another. Anna was afraid that she might actually fall for him if they keep seeing each other. Leo doesn't want Anna to get hurt or be in any danger. He was avoiding her to protect her from his enemies. If the Sylvester's finds about her, she'll be in danger, she'll be used as a bait to get to him. And both of them didn't have any knowledge that they were trying to avoid each other.

Dio, this is hard. Leo sighed inwardly.

"Fratello, I need to go to the bathroom." Rossanne poked him softly in his arm.

"Come, I'll take you!" Anna offered quickly taking this opportunity to get away and breathe comfortably. Rossanne smile and nod at her. Anna took her hand and they silently made their way out. The moment they made out, Anna took a deep breath and sighed heavily.

"My name is Rossanne." Rossanne introduced herself.

"You've got a beautiful name." Anna smiled warmly looking down at her. "I'm Anna."

"Do you know my brother?" Rossanne asked as they walked towards the bathroom.

"Not exactly, I only met him a couple of times, I guess," Anna answered honestly.